Comfort blinker

Hi Dan
I'll take a pic of my unit for you tonight and post it - I'm sure it doesn't have that lug on it though.
If memory serves me, I got it from Cumcartec.

blue skies
tony

Last edited:
Thanks - thinking of getting one - Kufatec modules seem to be mentioned a lot on here at the moment with DRL control, RNS-E mods etc.

Hi Dan
I've looked to find my komfortblinker but its hidden in my "cave".
The link that Craig posted however shows the entire unit, and it is literally plug and play.
I got mine from Germany but the price is about right.

blue skies
tony

Cool. The indicator relay to remove is behind the cubby hole in the single din dash is that right ?

Are you saying you just unplug the factory relay and install the comfort one to do the mod?

Mike Skipton fitted mine when he was doing a service for me. So I am not exactly shure, but I think you unplug the relay plug in the module then plug the relay into the module. But I may be wrong;)

Cheers

David

Craig, the inicator relay does not move, all you do is remove its plug and fit the new komfortblinker in series between the loom and relay. I used some padding around it to eliminate rattles and cable tied it out the way. Works very well.

blue skies
tony

It makes the indicators flash 3 times at a slight touch, so basically for a quick manouvre you only have to tap the indicator quickly rather than turning it on then off again.

hence a "Comfort" function

My indicator relay went last week - it had been acting up for a while, and I'd ordered a relay from Audi parts in south Dublin. I had previously bought the German comfort blinker online for the impending day I'd have to replace the relay. Picked up the relay, went back to the car in the Audi carpark - gven the fact my indicators were kaput, I figured I'd have a peek in behind the cubby to see how tricky replacing the relay would be in my case - cubby tray came out no bother, relay was obvious to spot and not fixed down - swapped in the new one in a matter of five minutes - drove home and plugged in the comfort blinker, slid back in cubby tray. Remarkably painless and quick.

Cheers for the pointers on the forum - great resource!

I ordered mine today, it cost £54.70 with postage.

He asked for the chassis number for some reason, I guess he builds the harnesses for each car type.

Back