Number Plate light not working? It's not the bulb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildnomad

Hi There!

One of the lights above the number plate isn't working.

- I've tried a new bulb so I know it's not that.

- I have unscrewed the Lense unit which holds the bulb from the other side (the one that works), and screwed it to the side that dosen't work.... and it still dosen't work. So I know it's not the connections that the bulb sits in.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem may be? Do the number plate lights have separate fuses? Is it easy enough to find and change the fuse?

I would appriciate any good advice as my MOT is soon!

Thanks in advance :)

Hi there I had the same problem with my polo. It could be the unit itself. They are not that expensive, I think I paid about £9-£10. You can get them at your local Audi dealer.

Neel

Hi Neel,

Which part of the unit are you refering to? The unit that comes out when you unscrew the screws (ie. the lense, bulb, and the bulb housing) is fine. There is of course the housing that the unit came out of which is part of the door. I can't imediately see how you could take that out to replace it as there are no screws or clips visable.

Any ideas?
Mike :)

OK, sorted it now. Had to take the panelling off from the interior of the boot door so I could take a look behind the light fitting. There is a pin that connects to the unit and it was lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back