Hello....finally !! ABS EPC help?

Nic Hugs

Hi all, I have used this forum for quite a while as a visitor to self diagnose problems with my beloved A2 and have decided to finally join and say 'hello'.

I would love to say thank you to the guys on here who taught me how to change my indicator relay switch. You saved me a fortune (just wish I could find the thread to say it personally)

Unfortunately I am recently getting lots of faults with my A2....may have to part with it I'm afraid. The most recent being my engine management light being on, along with the ECPand intermittent ABS light. My trusty mechanic has told me the ABS ECU unit may need to be changed or repaired (so much cheaper) and after reading a few threads on here it seems he may be right. A brake sensor fault also came up which is being changed today but wanted to check with you lot about the ABS before we do anything drastic.

Anyway....what I really wanted to know was if anyone had actually sent their unit off from a 2002 model and which repairer they used, if it worked etc.....Also, is it easily removed yourself? If so....please could you share how to?

I can get the fault codes if needed....thanks in advance if you can help.

Hi and welcome!
First things first - absolutely post up the error codes.
Secondly, other than the warning lights coming on and giving your dash a nice Christmas tree effect, are you experiencing any symptoms? Strange braking behaviour, odd noises etc?
Thirdly - what type of car do you have? TDi, or 1.4 or 1.6 FSi petrol?

Hello dan_b,

Thank you....no absolutely running fine. The last time it was running rubbish I changed one of the ignition coils and since then been running like a dream :/....just had a break check light coming on intermittently and then this. Breaks have been checked since the light came on and they are fine.

Back