A2 wheel trims.

Winmkane

Hi
I recently purchased a 2002 A2 1.4 base model, one owner with FSH by main dealer, the car looks like it has just left the showroom having been pampered all it's life, however it only has 3 Audi wheel trims and I would like to source a forth but without the main dealer price tag, can anyone help with this? If you can please let me know via the forum.
Kind regards Win Kane

Welcome to the forum and A2 ownership. Well it would be good to see a photo of the trims fitted and if you look on the back of the trim you'll find a part number probably starting with something like 0z8 000 000 you get the point if you post this someone can tell you what your looking for

Phil

Hi Win, welcome to the A2oc.
If your car has the standard 15" polished wheels (as you may know) the centre caps are approx £30 each from Audi. Unfortunately there are no other sources for new ones so its a case of looking on e.bay for individual caps or people breakering A2s

Cheers Spike

I asked him to post a pic Spike as he posted that his has got wheel trims and i thought only the 1.2 tdi came with trims ????so what i was thinkng someones fitted steel wheels and then may be A3 wheel trims, so a pic or part number could solve this straight away ;)

Phil

Hi Phil
Being a new member and their first post I second guessed the terminology and the likelyhood of the wheels being standard 15" polished alloys.
Requesting a picture was the sensible thing to do.

Cheers Spike

There were some personal imports in the early noughties which were not UK specced and therefore came with steel wheels and full wheel rims, I know because I almost bought a new A2 as a personal import in 2001 and had to make sure it was full UK spec. I have seen at least one UK reg A2 with wheel trims and sur le continent you see quite a few.

Hi
This car is a uk car and I have the original purchase invoice from the original owner, she gave me every receipt for all work done on the car since she bought it from kidderminster. She told me she was given the choice to add alloys at time of placing the the order but she was not an alloy person so was happy with the Steele rims spending the money on an Audi roof rack instead, I also got that thrown in with the car when I bought her.
The part numbers on th back of the trim is

8Z0601147A
PA66-M15

These are the only numbers on the trims, sorry cant upload a photo as my I pad will not load the photo to the forum page!

Thanks for your help, Win

Well you leran something new everyday! Was convinced all official Audi UK sourced A2's had alloys, must be a memory/age thing. Might be worth loooking on ebay De (Germany) or consider changing to a set of wheeltrims from an older Audi or simply buy some used Audi alloys on fleabay.

Given that every UK spec A2 had alloys (the dealer of yours when new has done something strange there) you're unlikely to find an original matching wheel trim anywhere in the UK. If you're not prepared to pay dealer prices then other European nations eBay sites may be your only option.

Hi
The part numbers on th back of the trim is

8Z0601147A
PA66-M15

These are the only numbers on the trims, sorry cant upload a photo as my I pad will not load the photo to the forum page!

Thanks for your help, Win

They still seem to be listed and should be about £35 each from Audi

Cheers Spike

Is this the trims on your car ???

Phil

Attachments

• trim.jpg
    trim.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 392
Well I have to start this one with an apollogy to all of you that said it must be an import! Sorry.
I contacted the person I bought it from And asked if it had been an import as I had found a few differences with the spec, ie the wheels, no alarm imobiliser switch on B pillar,plain trim where chrome should be etc! She came clean and told me the garageshe got it from had bought a load of parallel Imports from the Channel isles !
I have been thru the wedge of receipts for servicing and repair work etc and at no point is there any mention of servicing issues due to it being an import ! Not worried re price as my hubby is a profession negotiator and we got it for a song.
I would now like to fit a set of 15" alloys so if anyone has a set at a good price I would love to here from you.
Cheers Win

That cleared that up then ;) thought it was strange having wheel trims on. Have you checked Ebay also is it just 15's you want as sometimes the 16"SE wheels come up a bit for sale too. Also keep your eye out for MK1 TT wheels

Phil

If it was an audi dealer selling parallel imports I doubt they are still in business..... can't see Audi being happy. they used to 'sack' dealers for giving unauthorised discounts.

If it was an audi dealer selling parallel imports I doubt they are still in business..... can't see Audi being happy. they used to 'sack' dealers for giving unauthorised discounts.

It's a while back and to be honest I don't care I was just a little concerned as to where it came from as it had not shown any issues when my son did one of those text the reg in things, even the v5 says nothing. I had gone thru all the service receipts and there was nothing to suggest it couldn't be carried out due to compatibility etc and at the end of the day it's a 2002 plate but with the pampering it has had it looks brand new.

I will be going for standard 15" don't want rubber band tyres as the ride is hard enough. Do you know if wheels from other Audi models will fit other than the mk1 TT?
Cheers Win

Mk 1 A3 fit and also mk4 VW Golf as they are 5 x 100 fitment but make sure the offset (ET) is correct.

I will be going for standard 15" don't want rubber band tyres as the ride is hard enough. Do you know if wheels from other Audi models will fit other than the mk1 TT?
Cheers Win

Hi there - A3 pepperpot are a good fit - from Mark 1 A3s. They're 15" and can be quite cheap if you're willing to get them refurbed. Having said that I think mine were around £120 plus new centre caps. I use them for my winter tyres. Pic:
P1010785.JPG

Attachments

• P1010785.JPG
    P1010785.JPG
    9.7 KB · Views: 345
Thanks for the info, think I may have found a set on fleabay that require refurb so see if can get for a sensible price and will go from there.
Cheers Win

Back