Do mytyres still stock the A2 winter tyres and steel wheels combo?

KneesUp

A2OC Donor
I've been trying to order a set of steel-wheels and winter tyres from mytyres. In the distant past they have been able to supply but the site keeps saying 'out of stock' and has done for ages. Their customer services can't tell me whether the product has been discontinued. They just keep saying 'try back next week'. Can any forum member enlighten? I'm after a set quite urgently. Many thanks.

Would it not be easier to simply buy some suitable wheels on fleabay or from the forum and buy the tyres from whichever supplier you choose? Many a2 owners go for 'pepperpots' and i cannot recall anyone who has bought the sort of package you are looking at.

You could always get 15in wheels any get the tyres from Mytyres.
Oh look if by magic I have a set for sale if you check out the 'items no longer required
You would still need tyres.

Thanks Adrian. I have come across them on at least one UK A2 before, but a while ago, and they were excellent value - £400 all in or thereabouts. But I take your point completely. Thank you.

Thanks Shezlee. And as if by magic you are just up the road from me, too. Handy that. I'll PM you. Richard

B8gger, I too have 2 sets of 15's for sale but living at the other end of the country I doubt they will be of interest...... :(

They had a 3 or a 5% sale a few weeks ago on winter tyres/winter tyres with wheels, I was told by email.

I got a set of steels with winter tyres two-three years ago,very happy with them going into season 3-4? with them

Best and cheapest way to get winter wheels/tyres is to buy a set of used alloys and then get a set of 4 new tyres fitted.

For instance, I've recently bought a set of 4 A3 16" alloys on eBay for £80 collected. I then bought 4 Avon IceTouring winter tyres for £50 each and had my local garage fit and balance them for £20. S the total price was £300 for 4 complete wheels with good, new, branded winter tyres.

Remember this is for 16" too - will probably be cheaper for 15", although you have passed the cheapest time of the year for buying winter rubber now.

Cheers,

Mike.

Back