Information Looking to buy an A2 in the next two months.... But I would like some extra info! :)

A

A2Harry

Hey Guys

First of all, brilliant forum, lots of interesting facts etc, love it! I am new to the forum as I am going to go and buy myself an A2 in the next few months, but first of all I was wondering on things to look out for? Common problems, sounds that suggest further issues with the car etc. Also, I currently own a 1 Litre Nissan Micra (2003, I am only 17 until Jan!) so it's quite an upgrade. My current car is very sluggish, would anyone here be able to disclose whether the 1.4 petrol version is fairly nippy? As I am looking for a 1.6 but they are fairly hard to come across, and I don't want it to have the same effect as my current car. That being, a more powerful engine handling more weight, having the same sluggish effect on the driving experience. Now, I'm not one of those boy racer teens, I am a careful driver, but I'm primarily looking to buy one so that I can have an opportunity to get a few gadgets inside it and have a car I can be proud of. I'm looking to upgrade the steering wheel to a multifunctional, fit cruise control, and have the doors programmed to lock after 10MPH etc, I also like the idea of fitting a CD changer but it's not a must have. I was wondering if anyone could post perhaps a price guideline for each? Thank you for reading my lengthy post :p Hope it didn't bore you too much!

Harry :)

Welcome.

If your Micra is the old shape 2003, then the information I read on Parker's Guide for the 1.0 is; 53bhp, 58lbft, 0-60mph 15.9s
vs for the 1.4 A2; 73bhp, 93lbft, 0-60mph 11.6s

I'd call that a nice step up in performance and one that you'd notice for sure. I'd check insurance for the 1.6 A2 as having 110bhp it might be quite expensive.

From what I've read on this forum the 1.4 petrol seems to be quite reliable. But of course age and time will give reasonable wear and tear to even the best example. So I'd recommend a general inspection of any car you buy (maybe a friend can help you out with this). If you buy from a dealer it's worth negotiating a 6-12 month warranty (read the small print of what is and is not covered)

Back