Information Retrofit Lumbar Support

spike

DJ 190 is considering this conversion by removing the hardware from a set of Sports seats and fitting it to hs SE seats. Attached are a few pics which may help the process.
These include the cable routing, releasing the backrest cover from the hard plastic backrest panel and lumbar + non-lumbar sprung frames (sorry for the rather 'busy' background)

Cheers Spike

Attachments

• DSCF0699.JPG
    DSCF0699.JPG
    461.2 KB · Views: 933
  • DSCF0702.JPG
    DSCF0702.JPG
    471.3 KB · Views: 930
  • DSCF0704.JPG
    DSCF0704.JPG
    458.5 KB · Views: 972
  • DSCF0705.JPG
    DSCF0705.JPG
    456 KB · Views: 999
  • DSCF0706.JPG
    DSCF0706.JPG
    469.5 KB · Views: 995
  • DSCF0707.JPG
    DSCF0707.JPG
    454.2 KB · Views: 989
Awesome! I knew you'd comlpeted this mod, Spike, but it's always nice to see the guts of stuff. :)

Do you know? this is just what this wonderful Forum is all about ... sharing your expertise, knowledge and experience with all! Thank you so much, Graham .... and many others, of course! You have given me the inspiration and confidence to proceed!

David

I actually have a question, how do you remove the seat back cover (my seat has back pocket)? The piece of cover that wraps around the bottom of the seat back came loose and I cannot mount it properly because I think the mounting is much higher up the seat back than my hands can reach.

Hi Humps

Ref pic 4 above, start by teasing out the flap at the base of the backrest. Try both sides as one is usually easier than the other. Next, using a small blunt screwdriver and brute force pull out the cover edging strip (pic 3) which holds the cover into a groove in the plastic back panel. It may help to spray soapy water round the groove. Once the cover is fully released, the back panel can be pulled off

Cheers Spike

Got myself set of cheap sports seats and set to. I followed the instructions above and disassembly was not too difficult as I didnt mind if I damaged the old seat cover as I didn't half pull hard at times( I didn't do any damage in the end). Not sure getting the cover back in to the channel round the rear seat pocket without getting rucks etc will be so easy though! I was surprised that I had to drill out the rivets holding the motor. Not sure how to refix but that is sometime hence!
The whole process is reasonably simple and intuitive. To get the back cover off around the airbag I undid the unit and then teased out the velcroed edges. I have taken lot of snaps and when I have completed the job I will put together a How to.
Below is the gubbins as removed.

Attachments

• P1020224.JPG
    P1020224.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 449
Last edited:
Back