List of repairs for my Audi a2

This is a few repairs I will be trying to solve with time.

P1010001.JPGP1010002.JPGP1010003.JPGP1010004.JPGP1010005.JPGP1010006.JPGP1010007.JPGP1010008.JPG

1) Driver's seat window left opened sometimes, and some rain did that :(
2) I believe that someone just slammed the back door and destroyed that plastic. Hate when that happens (when i don't warn them to close gently lol)
3) I broke this one. gonna cost me. tried with super glue but made it worst :(
4) Don't know why this window's rubber just got like this. everytime i close window, i use hand to close it (so embarassing)
5) I tried to change this light for led, and just couldn't install back. just made a REALLY big mess :(
6) My dream: find on ebay a cup holder just like mine :)
7) I have a spare astray but other color, is there a way to paint this kind of plastic? :) :cool: FIXED (I have a spare beige ashtray if anyone is interested)
8) my car lighter just is in very bad conditions inside and isnt making contact i think (ebay sells this? or should it be through Audi) :)

Again just have to say i love this website ever since i found it! It's amazing how internet is able to help people.

Cheers everyone

Last edited:
1) Driver's seat window left opened sometimes, and some rain did that :(

Surprised if this was just rain that did this? Do you mean the worn bolster and the 'bobbled' alcantara? The bolster can be replaced and I recall another member saying it was about 80 pounds - but you need be confident enough to strip the seat or get some professional help. I thought that alcantara could be tidied up by carefully 'shaving' the surface with hair clippers or similar but theres mixed views on this and it'd be very easy to cut the surface.

2) I believe that someone just slammed the back door and destroyed that plastic. Hate when that happens (when i don't warn them to close gently lol)

Lots of Audi trim isnt particularly expensive - check with you dealer you may be pleasantly surprised.

3) I broke this one. gonna cost me. tried with super glue but made it worst :(

As per 2 - I replaced the drivers side sill and B post trim ( where the fuel switch is) a few years back and the parts were less than 20 pounds each.

4) Don't know why this window's rubber just got like this. everytime i close window, i use hand to close it (so embarassing)

Maybe your lovely climate in Portugal damaged the seal over time. Theres a couple of members on here breaking cars, they may have this part; failing that a breakers yard or check Audi for new price?

5) I tried to change this light for led, and just couldn't install back. just made a REALLY big mess :(

Oh dear - you definitely should not attempt to take the seat cover off! :) Could be difficult to put right, at least its hidden under the sun visor most of the time.

6) My dream: find on ebay a cup holder just like mine :)

Like this one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A2-C...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e7563d27b

7) I have a spare ashtray but other color, is there a way to paint this kind of plastic? :)

I think others have done this but I recall reading that the finish isnt that hard wearing

8) my car lighter just is in very bad conditions inside and isnt making contact i think (ebay sells this? or should it be through Audi) :)

Yes, I'd check the price of a new unit from Audi before eBay.

Again just have to say i love this website ever since i found it! It's amazing how internet is able to help people.

Yes, it is a brilliant site - enjoy your project

Last edited:
Hi Murdo

thanks for your help!
I will definatly take your advice :)

I started today fixing my car's ashtray. And I found out that it is very easy to fix the problems like "auto-close/open" and "light inside"
Here is how i did it:

1) to remove ashtray you need to read this link http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?10558-how-to-remove-ashtray
2) In order to have easy access where the mechanisms go, just unplug the light from inside and also unplug that metal i show in picture. when that is done just pull out ashtray P1010014.JPGP1010017.JPGP1010034.JPG
3) fixing the auto-close system you need to pull this metal "tongue" out and fix it where shown in picture P1010009.JPGP1010017.JPGP1010014.JPG
4) in order to remain closed, you need this little pin sticking out (Half centimeter - 0.5cm). To do that i used those little pieces that go in our watches and superglued it lol P1010018.JPG
5) Final results : P1010019.JPGP1010020.JPG
It's opening and closing just fine, and the light is ON :)
I am very happy! Next one :)

Sorry for my English. I think i created some new words..
thanks again guys!

Merry Christmas to all A2 owners!!! xD

Last edited:
Back