Electrics - what was this about?

David W

Hello - has anyone experienced this - should I worry?

Took the A2 to the shops yesterday - started no problem (the normal starter motor schreech!). About a mile from home the aircon died along with all the LED displays - temp, mileage etc.. and the rev counter an speedo stuck where they were. No problem with the engine which kept me going till I got to the car park. I tirned it off - speedo, rev counter & fuel gauge needles stayed just where they were - tried sarting and engine would turn over but not fire, engine management light on,abs and traction control - no others. Went into the supermarket - came out with the shopping - turned on the ignition - all lights & displays OK - started no problem - drove home. No problems today on a short drive.

There had been a lot of condensation in the car overnight - could this be the problem?

Maybe check for moisture/water in Battery compartment in boot? No idea really, just where I would look first.

Thanks - I'd checked there and in the driver footwell - all dry. The condensation would have been from a damp seat cover (thanks to out dog).

Alan,

Yes - the passenger footwell was the first place I looked, then out of curiosity checked the driver's side too.
My wife had the engine management light shine briefly yesterday but no more symptoms - maybe fixed itself?

Regards

David

Back