rate your dealer

Will

A2OC Donor
Appologies if this has been asked before....I've looked in the archive but couldn't find anything similar.

Few people discuss their dealers in the forum, so can I assume that most people are satisfied with their local dealer?

Could people rate their dealer out of 10 and say what they had done there eg. service, repair, puchase. and where it is:

I'll start it off:

Stratford-upon-Avon 8/10 Purchased car

Will
Good post-I think we did this some time back but the post may well have been archived. I will make this one sticky so we can keep it at the top for a while.

As for my dealer, Robinsons Audi in Norwich:

Initial enquiry-10/10
Purchase and handover-10/10 but;
PDI-2/10 (for item missed)
Rectification work-2/10
Dealer keeping me up to date with work-0/10
Dealer making an effort to smooth over problem-1/10

Overall-3/10

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Whitehouse Dartford

Initial enquiry-10/10
Purchase and handover-10/10
PDI-5/10 Service Flap Would not Open
Rectification work-10/10 -Quick call, fixed that afternoon (Minor I know but could have been worse)
Dealer keeping me up to date with work- Car hasn`t been back yet Got to love variable service.

Would i use them Again ?

I am picking up my next Audi on Friday !!!

Stanstead Audi

Initial Enquiry - 6/10 (i guess the guy was busy and it was hard to get him to call me back)

Purchase and Handover - 8/10

PDI - 6/10 (engine management light came on before and after deliver)

Rectification work - 10/10 very efficient and friendly

Dealer keeping me up to date with work 10/10 - once again, friendly and efficient.

I would recommend them, a very professional and friendly dealer. 8/10!

A2 1.6FSI Sport in Azure Blue with strange blue interior

Franklin Leeds

Initial Enquiry - 7/10 (but 10/10 to Wakefield for telling me Leeds Audi had the model I was looking for, despite it not being on the stock list). The car was on loan so it took Leeds a while to get it in the showroom for me. Once I told them I was very serious the car appeared!

Purchase and Handover - 9/10 - pushed me in to having a finance quote even though I knew they couldn't beat the rate from work. Left me alone to check over the car before I accepted it.

PDI - n/a - car not new, but all problems noticed when I first looked were sorted including a coupe of minor stone chips, a kerbed alloy and a dirty mark on one seat. 10/10

Rectification work - carried out by Bradford Audi - replacement of number plate light lens (nothing major!). 8/10. Received a call two weeks after it was done to say the parts were in and they would fit them whilst I waited. Explained the job had been done two weeks earlier!

Dealer keeping me up to date with work - see above.

I've recently bought my ex-dealer demo A2 blue Colour Storm TDi SE from Alexander Audi, Huddersfield.
The salesman was very keen to do business and even came in from Leeds on his day off to arrange a test drive to suit me. They re-furbed the wheels, but left a mark on one of them, but this was very minor. The bodywork was good, but there were some chips to rectify-the paint only arrived after I picked the car up. Other than that, the interior clearly wasn't valeted, which put a dampner on the experience, but the deal was extraordirily quick- from initial walk round the car to picking it up in one week!

So far, service seems ok, apart from a few missed calls. Still in the 'honeymoon' period- and my mates can't believe what I'm driving now- previously Lupo TDi Sport & Arosa.......

James WH- new forum member this evening.......

Vincents Audi (Exeter, since been bought out by another garage group who seem less communicationally challenged)

Initial enquiry: 5/10.
Salesman knew nothing about car. Test drive accompanied but reasonably long and with varied road types. Dealer not remotely interested in closing sale, offering a massive £0.00 (0%) discount off list price.

Warranty repairs: 1/10.
3 x Symphony II replacements, each with more faults that that which preceded it (last one excepted, of course). Months of chasing up order/delivery etc. of replacements with many a promise of phone calls but never received one. In fact, I'm still waiting for a call back from my initial test drive enquiry...

------------

Whetstone Audi (North London) - via DriveTheDeal.com

Purchase and handover: 8/10.
Notwithstanding confusion over insurance for licensing not bad at all, unhurried demonstration of almost every aspect of the car. Decent deal too, saving me about 9% off list. Wasn't pleased about being made to hang around for 30 minutes before collection due to understaffing.

PDI: Fine but they obviously didn't check to see if the CD player was functional as I discovered 110 miles later :(.

[img=left]http://www.santorini.dsl.pipex.com/a2_avatar.gif[/img=left]Mark.
2003 Azure Blue 1.6 FSI SE

OpenSky | Climate Control | DIS | Isofix + brat | Space-Floor-Box | Satellite Cloth
Electric Rear Windows | Symphony II | Winter Pack | Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror

Note to self - when picking up new car take a CD to check the CD player works!

Have also posted this under whhel and tyres, but thought that it was relavant here too:

'Well praise where praise is due. I have to say this is not about my A2, but it is worthwhile!

My better half and I went up to Grantham on Friday for the weekend in his Allroad. Would have taken the A2 but we had luggage for 4 days and honestly, didn't want his muddy golf clubs in the boot! Anyway, pumped up his tyres at our local garage and thought the guage may have been wrong but didn't check it at another garage - stupidly.

We were 50 miles away from the hotel on the A1 in the 3rd lane doing about 80 when the tyre blew out. Managed to get off really quickly and the tyre was totally knackered, luckily no damage to the wheel. So changed the tyre and went on our way to Grantham.

Decided to find a local trye dealer on the Saturday morning. Phoned round and being an unusual tyre, of course nobody had one. So I called Audi Assist who gave us an Audi dealers number in Lincoln. I thought it might be worth a try to see who they use locally for tyres. Spoke to a really nice guy, Johnnie, in parts who said that they had 4 tyres on the shelf, come in and they would would put them on straight away!

Well, I was amazed! So off we went, greeted by a lovely lady on reception who got Johnnie out straight away, he came out a took the car in immediately! They also put the car on the machine to check a fault light which came on just before the blow out, checked all the other pressures and then sent out their senior technician to assure us that everything was fine.

The cost was very good, but the service was superb. So well done Lincoln Audi!

It is so refreshing to find somewhere efficient with good staff in all departments. Really would consider taking my car there if I was up that way when it was due for a service. Other half said the Audi golfs balls were cheap too....... '

Fi

2002 TDi Sport Cobalt Blue, winter pack, leather, rew

Finally collected my car last week, so I can now answer the question I postde all those months ago:

Stratford-upon-Avon Audi

Initial enquiry-8/10: took the effort to source the exact vehicle spec I wanted to order.
Purchase and handover-10/10: quick, easy, efficent, gave me enough time to check the car over but didn't waste my time telling me stuff I already knew.
PDI-8/10: all ok other than anti-hijack option not setup on vag-com

Overal 8/10: Good dealership

2004 1.4 TDi (90) SE, Cobalt Blue, Climate control, Cruise control, DIS, Sport seats, Winter pack, Symphony II.

Swindon Audi & Millhouse Audi in Bath

Both have proved that they can give good service (and a little forgetfulness!) from their respective service depts.

Bath is better than Swindon in the Sales dept - Swindon I have found to be hopeless here.

Note: The valeting and external cleaning at Swindon Audi has generally been superb - on the last visit for warrenty repairs they even dressed the tyres. The car looked soooo good!!

Ezza

[img=left]http://www.a2oc.net/pic_show.asp?picid=1737&type=1[/img=left]Sept 2001 registered A2 1.4 SE in Crystal Blue metallic, Open Sky Roof, Climate, 'Symphony' 6 CD radio & tape, Bose sound system, curtain airbags.

Swindon Audi

My experience has been mixed. They always seem to be telling me off, maybe its cos I only onw an A2 and not a new A6 or A8. They never offer to pick the car up or drop me off and I know my parents get this whenever they take their Peugeot in.

Having said this they did fix my car quickly last time. Lead time on a temporary loan car was about 3 weeks. As my A2 has been in five times in seven months this is a hastle. Made me glad I had an A2 and not an A3 though as the car they leant me was horrible. Love my A2 even more now!

Overall 5/10

Jonnie D

Shrewsbury Audi (previously Vincent Audi)

Sales team aren't the best (various reasons), however after sales are superb. They are friendly, helpful, realistic with prices and are truely interested in what you have to say and then respond with researched replies.

Sales - 6/10
After Sales - 10/10

Overall - 8/10

Kaine

That's not too bad Kaine. I always feel like the poor relation in my local showroom, but not when I take my son's car to the Nissan dealer, they treat me as a human being. Well they got it nearly right (just to get in before anyone else does).

Brought car from Stratford Audi,

Pre Sales 10/10,
Delivery 10/10,
After sales 1/10 (messed about with my own stuff in car like radar detector then denied all konowlege as they would not have touched a non Audi acessory (liars dam lairs))

Beechwood Audi Halesowen,
Warranty work 1/10, clearly a customer who complains of the same problem 3 times and is fobbed off 3 times then has a major failier with the same item which is then fixed has the car delivered back sratched with a tyre which was damaged by their tyre fitter and could have been picked up had the dealer road tested the car before returning it is not entilted to be a wee bit pissed off at all.

Sutton Coldfield Audi,
Warranty work 5/10.

we are getting there slowly, failing to keep records of bookings, no faulting several times before fixing and persitant lack of parts (realy Audi UK at fault here) aided by some good staff trying to please and hindered by others who do not read job cards and loose bitd of the car.

Hartwell Audi Bham,
Pre Sales 0/10, don't do test drives except 15 min booked in advance (would not get you off the car park in rush hour!)
Parts, Was 2/10 (did not give a stuff, never had stock, took special orders then canceled them), new parts operation willing and helpful, but slow and loose small special order parts so 5/1

Audi Customer service 1/10, left out in -5 deg for 4 hours waiting for taxi, refused hire car as I was stranded at home and never, ever pass on messages when phoning, even loose faxes for 24 hours after sending them. Some help when pushed very hard.

Andrew, you sound even more pi***d off than I am with Audi service, Surely if you buy an up -market car you expect up-market service. They get one bit right, they charge sky high prices for Service, a misnomer if ever there was one. My dealer is always "on the other line, we'll ring back", they never have in over 3 years ownership of the car. Good car though.

Northampton Audi (Vindis).

Took my A2 in twice for the same problems (noise when pulling away and window sensors being over sensitive).

The first time it came back the windows failed to open at all and I had to drive with them permanently shut for two weeks until they could "fit me in again". They denied there was a noise.

Second time they managed to fix the windows, but again denied there was a noise (even though it is commented on by nearly everyone who has travelled in the car with me).

The next week I got a follow up customer service call from the dealer asking if I was happy with the service I had received. I explained that I was extremely unhappy with the service and that they had messsed me about and had still not fixed one of the faults. The receptionist lady apologised profusely and assured me that she would get the service manager to call me back. That was over a month ago and still no call back.

The only positive thing I could ever say about them is that the last time they had the car they gave it back with a rather nice "Snap-on" screwdriver under the passenger seat!

I won't being using them again, which is a shame for them, as I am planning to update my A2 in the near future for an A4 Avant.

A2 1.4 TDI SE 02plate, Ebony black

I'm not just p'ed off with Audi dealers, most of the motor trade more so main dealers, the better the coffee machine in reception the less skilled the mechanic!

In my opinion, the dealer of desert audi is providing good , nice services.

In last week, i have some problem with my A4 audi, so i went to the desert audi dealers, they solve my problem neatly.

As a view

Sales - 10/10
After Sales - 10/10

Overall - 10/10

Do you like to know about them, go through...http://www.desertaudi.com/

john

Back