Information Quattro?!

supermart

Parked my cobalt blue A2 at the school this morning next to an identically coloured A2 which made my 3 year old happy :D. The only difference on the outside of the cars was that the other one had S-Line badges and a Quattro badge on the boot. It wasn't a 90 horse, it wasn't an S-line either and I have never heard of a Quattro A2 !! It would be good though if there was or am I wrong in my assumptions I wonder:rolleyes:

If only Audi had made an S2 (A2-S?):rolleyes: 150+hp and quattro could have made it the best hot hatch of its day... alas, that was never what the A2 was about, and the price would have been eye watering!

Wasn't a one-off made for the VAG top management ?
I've heard of a "S2" quattro with ceramic brakes, etc... But never saw a picture of it :(

I cannot see how even the VAG guys could fit Quattro to an A2. The A2 has a torsion beam rear axle, no means of getting the drive train to the rear, a fuel tank in the way, etc, etc.

There was a car called an A2 quattro, but that was just the name ascribed to an evolution of the quattro rally car back in the 80s.
There was also a car called an S2 quattro, which was the 2nd generation 80 coupe quattro launched in the early 90s after the Ur-quattro model was phased out.

That's strange, I too have a Y plate Cobalt Blue (I think) A2 which has a quattro badge on the boot.

Never been to Wales in it.

The quattro badge was on it when I got it, haven't taken it off as I figured best left alone, looks like it's been there for a long time.

Must admit it got me a liitle excited when I first looked at the car, I was thinking, wow - quattro - perfect! Then I thought it was a bit strange as I couldn't remember there ever being an A2 quattro, a quick peek under the back end revealed the truth :confused:

Bought it anyway..........:cool:

An acquaintance has one of these. It's an '03 plate and pretty high-spec - 1.6 FSI Sport, Open Sky, leather seats, body kit. No other badges apart from the 'quattro' (see attached). Has any more come to light about their provenance?

FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:
Definately a stuck on badge. Best way to tell is stick your head underneath, if there's no propshaft then you can be pretty sure its not :)

An acquaintance has one of these. It's an '03 plate and pretty high-spec - 1.6 FSI Sport, Open Sky, leather seats, body kit. No other badges apart from the 'quattro' (see attached). Has any more come to light about their provenance?

View attachment 30715
As A2 Steve says ! Highly unlikely and wishful thinking I reckon!
Not needed on the A2 anyway they are planted enough with the right suspension set up, mine feels like it's on rails, dont think I've ever heard of anyone losing the rear end on an A2 come to think of it,
Cheers Jeff

If it's a sport it's not strictly untrue - no ot isn't 4 wheel drive but if it's a sport it will havecleft the factory with quattro sports suspension. When I had my car 4 wheel aligned there is a section for quattro cars i.e. Sports as the set up is slightly different. Cheers Mike

Back