RNS-E MkII Road speed display

craigyb

A2OC Donor
A bit more jiggery pokery and I managed to get the road speed display working....

Attachments

• road-speed.jpg
    road-speed.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 796
Nice one Craig. Did you manage to add the road speed feature without using cangate.

Cheers Spike

Ooooooh!

On mine, the automatic speed-related volume adjustment doesn't seem to be functional either, is there some jiggery-pokery I can do with that? No Cangate...

They're also as rare as hens' teeth and more difficult to find than growth in the economy!

Hi Craig
Just wondering how you managed to enable this on your Mk2 RNS-E as mine doesn't display the road speed limit either.
I've read elsewhere about possibly changing Channel 17 adaptation code to "2", is that what you did?

Also just wondering, on your unit, does the speed-related volume adjustment work in the DSP settings? It doesn't on mine, although it's not the end of the world...

All,

Has the method to get the road speed display working for the RNSE been documented at all, or has anyone else been able to do it yet? :p

I've been looking at how to do it, and I have the 'speed display' option in the RNSE's menu, and my unit is getting a speed signal looking at the engineering menu, yet it still doesn't work. The only thing that I could find on the internet was this post from 'Craigyb' here.

Thanks,

Matt.

Craig's earlier post on his Mk2 RNSE installation indicated he utilised a 'cangate' module for some of the functions but it's not clear if it's needed for the speed display - http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthrea...ar-and-full-voice-control&p=143468#post143468

Plug - Don't know if it's required for the speed display but I have a brand new cangate model sourced directly from Bjarne in 2012 but never used. Available for what it cost me.

Cheers Spike

Ok i sent you a PM

Thank You!

Back