Rest in peace tourangang

riverlad

A2OC Donor
Very sad news John tourangang lost his fight with MND this morning.

Thinking of Sharon and all the family at this very difficult time.

One of the worlds good guys. Rest in peace.

David

Indeed, my heartfelt thoughts are with his girls and his wife at this sad time. John was a true inspiration in his attitude to life, both before and after his diagnosis and we should all love life the way he did as well as living life to the full.

Not forgotten John - I'll not forget you pal.

My condolences too to his family. I never had the pleasure of meeting John however I enjoyed his many contributions to the forum.

Very sad to read this news. A fine man and a noble fighter to the end. I'll add my condolences to the family and as Skipton has said; A2OC will never forget him.

Very sad to read this news. A fine man and a noble fighter to the end. I'll add my condolences to the family and as Skipton has said; A2OC will never forget him.

Very sad news indeed. His posts about his condition added some perspective to life for the rest of us and although I never met him I feel one of life's good guys has been lost.

Iain

Very very sorry to hear this, my deepest sympathies go out to his family.

Sorry to say I never got to meet him in person, but felt him to be an old friend in our communications.

RIP Pal.

Regards
Sarge

Like many, I never had the pleasure of meeting John but heard many a good thing about the man.
Our condolances and sympathies go to his family and friends - John will be missed and the forum is a poorer place with his passing.

Tony, Petra & the boys.

So sad.. such a great inspiration, my thoughts are with the family and friends. Rest in peace

Sad news, a stalwart of the forum and a thoroughly decent chap.
Thoughts and love to his remaining family in this tragic time.

I Am saddened to hear the News about John What a great man he was he made it his mission in life to raise awareness of MND very successfully ...
After reading his website .... He obviously also lived his life for his family and made the very best of the time that he had left with them ....

In this very twisted world we live in... He was and still is an Inspiration to us all ... My thoughts are also with his Wife and family ..

I Am saddened to hear the News about John What a great man he was he made it his mission in life to raise awareness of MND very successfully ...
After reading his website .... He obviously also lived his life for his family and made the very best of the time that he had left with them ....

In this very twisted world we live in... He was and still is an Inspiration to us all ... My thoughts are also with his Wife and family ..

I would wish to join in with others and send my condolences to JOHNS family at this sad time, please remember the good times, love ALAN.

John's funeral service / A2OC donation to MND research

Hello all,

John Saunders' (tourangang) funeral service is this Saturday 1st June, 11am at St Georges church, Wembdon

David Adams (Riverlad) is attending to pay respects to John and his family on behalf of A2OC.

Many of us who either met John, or recall his regular presence on the forum remember this smart and resourceful man who bravely fought a debilitating terminal illness and was determined to raise awareness of motor neuron disease to the end. John is survived by wife Sharon and his 2 children Charlotte and Louis. Our thoughts are with them this difficult time.

John owned 2 Audi A2's during his time as a member and he loved the car to bits. I fondly remember helping him by PM when he sold his original TDi to make way for another 'High Spec' example - yes, he had the A2OC modding bug!!

I recall how sad it was when he had to make a decision to sell the second one which had been tastefully 'fettled' by Skipton. It's good to know that the car is still owned by another forum member. I'm sure John liked that!

A collective donation will be made to John's 'justgiving' site at the end of June. All donations made to the A2OC between now and this time will be collated and sent on behalf of the club.

If you would like to make a small ( or large!) donation to this collection, please use the 'donate' button on the right hand side of the forum home page.

We will publish the total donations on 30th June and send this on to John's account. Alternatively; you may wish to donate directly to John's justgiving page:

http://www.justgiving.com/john-saunders1

For anyone who hasn't seen it; here is a link to John's inspiring and moving website which documents his brave and noble battle from diagnosis in 2010 at the age of 44 until his passing last week.

http://www.jaded-john.net/

Farewell Tourangang. A2OC will remember you mate.

Not been on here for a while so when i read this i was very saddened to hear of John's passing. My thoughts and deepest condolences to his family and friends at this time

Phil

Didn't know John but just read his website and looking at some of the pics I remember seeing him on TV with the Olympic Torch, very sad news and a terrible disease and to leave a lovely young family. As said before you don't know what's round the corner, treasure each day! Thoughts go out to his grieving family at this sad time.
Paul

MND research donation from A2OC

Hi everyone,

Following our decision to pledge all donations made to A2OC during June to MND research we have had an excellent response from members and £155 has been transferred to the late John Saunders just giving account today.

Thanks to everyone who made a donation, your generosity is appreciated and it is notable that our average monthly donations are usually in the £30 - £40 range.

To those who attend socials, remember our very own A2sumo has gel wrist bands which can be purchased for £2 in aid of MND research.

In total the club has raised nearly £300 for MND research to date.

For anyone reading this post for the first time; see post 16 of this thread for more information.

Thanks again team. :)

Back