New owner, old problem

Hi to all.
After wanting an A2 for some time now we took the plunge and picked up our 2001, fully Audi serviced A2, 61K. However as good as it is and as happy we are, guess what went bang a week into ownership?? Yes the Opensky sunroof :(
I've done nothing but read up on this problem for a week now......there seems to be no definitive answer as to what to do if you are outside the magic ten years?
Any answers/ideas??

******, ah well. I was thinking of writing a sob story to Audi.....maybe with full Audi servicing and only 61k I can find a chink in their hearts :)

******, ah well. I was thinking of writing a sob story to Audi.....maybe with full Audi servicing and only 61k I can find a chink in their hearts :)

My car was less than 100k miles with FASH and when I took it to Amersham Audi they didn't know what to do, so I went to Worthing. I presented them all the paperwork as I had 7 days left until my car was 10 years old by registration

Unfortunately it goes on goodwill from the factory and they use the date of manufacture as the required date

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings
But if you need a brand new motor for the sunroof, I have one for sale.... :)

J

Thanks for the offer Hooley but the motor is fine.
Jeff. The OSS made a horrendous banging noise and the right runner fails to move either way without pushing or pulling it. I reckon the cables are ok but some sort of fixing has broken off the runner.

Hi Steve
I read the reborn thread with ever increasing hope, until I got to the end....talk about an uplifting story with a sad ending :(
I remember the PDF too, if I recall someone in that thread also managed to translate it too. I have to say my problem does look like the pictures seem to suggest....

Hi guys. I promised an update....
Truro Audi have spoken to Audi UK who in turn have said due to the age of the vehicle there is no good will on offer.
I am due to see a company next week who do sunroofs, van conversions etc to see what, if anything they can do. They at least are willing to have a look.
Truro Audi quoted £3000 to fix it :)

... Truro Audi quoted £3000 to fix it :)

Worthing Audi is the dealer which does them most regularly, they are a long way away from you but they are the ones most likely to do the job right, whether a replacement or a fix (it's extremely fiddly from what I can gather).

Hi guys. I promised an update....
Truro Audi have spoken to Audi UK who in turn have said due to the age of the vehicle there is no good will on offer.
I am due to see a company next week who do sunroofs, van conversions etc to see what, if anything they can do. They at least are willing to have a look.
Truro Audi quoted £3000 to fix it :)

Yikes! I had my last A2 OSS done by Worthing Audi 2 years ago under the goodwill option with just a month left before the 10 yrs was up (Phew) and they did a fantastic job but I thought the Audi OSS was a £2000 complete replacement cost and yet Truro Audi want £3000 just to fix it :confused:

When I went to Worthing I was also told there were only two OSS jigs in the country. One with Worthing who were replacing loads at the time and another up in Scotland somewhere. I think they share these around? Worthing are the OSS experts ;)

Given the A2 is now getting older by the year I wonder how many of these replacement OSS are sitting in a Audi store somewhere that will end up not getting used when there will be lots of A2 owners who would like them come 2015 as they will all be 10yr old then.

Perhaps Audi UK will have a Garage sale:rolleyes:

Hi all.
Not given up yet, we filed a lengthy plea direct to Audi UK last week. They rang me today and promised another call next week after they look into it a bit more.
Update to follow.

Still going.....
Audi UK say no, go away. However Truro Audi have u-turned and said the job would be £2000, with 30% off for the Audi service history.
In other news, I found out today that the 12 year corrosion warranty is just that, 12 years and not a day longer, ours ran out 17th June, ******.

Hi guys. Another update. The opensky is FIXED. Yes fixed. How much? 2 hours labour, £93.
A mechanic at a local garage did the job without even breaking a sweat.

Back