A2 Waterproof Cover?

Talby

A2OC Donor
Has anyone on here got a Audi A2 car cover that they're happy with?
A custom one is kinda out of the question as I don't have that amount of money laying around but all the cheaper (40ish quid) ones on places like Ebay are 'semi fitted' or 'universal fitting' which gives me the impression that they'd be loose in areas and may even do more damage than good.
I want it to be waterproof and not water resistant. It may even be an idea to get an interior soft cloth cover and then put the exterior cover over the top of it for added protection.. I don't really have much of a clue.

This is an example of the ones I'm sort of interested in: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Water..._Car_Exterior_Accessories&hash=item35b363dc84

Anyway, any thoughts or experiences would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Jon

Good post Jon. I've been thinking about this too, as I'm conscious that Mrs. H who is the daily driver of our A2 just doesn't get the obsession. It's no more than a cute wee runaround for her - so I'm already predicting that within 2 years I am going to have to buy a replacement for her.

Before those who know me reach for the smelling salts :p - I have no intention of ever parting with the A2 but I will look at storage solutions and embarking on a journey which treats the car as a classic for occasional use and for club socials etc..

A distance away yet - but any experience of car covers would be something I would also welcome.

Watching this thread also...I want one!
If any custom cover manufacturers fancy knocking up a dozen or more well fitted A2 covers then you will have a ready market on this forum.

Bought my A2 earlier this year with a known water leakage from windscreen, drain channels and possibly OSS for which I had a substantial discount. With no garage and in an area of high rainfall decided that until I could spare the time to remove the front carpets and trim I would need some sort of temporary cover but particularly didn't want an ill fitting 'flappy' cover. Best I found to provide a tightish fit was a half cover down as far as the door handles.
From The Cover Company, 8 Pennine Close, Kings Acre, Hereford. HR4 0TE. Tel: 01432 379359.

It's invoice description is given as ; Arctic Top Cover-Car Cover-Outdoor-Generic. For Vehicle Audi A2, 0.
It is made from silver coated material has wide elastic tie down straps that go under the 'four corners' of the car. It has soft 'pockets' that fit over the wing mirrors which help give it a snug fit. The company is very helpful and delivery is next day. Cost from memory was about £50. They are on the net.

Thanks for the info Meriafel, I was really after a cover that's for the entire car but as that sounds like it was more made for an A2 I'll give it a good looking into, thanks. Maybe they even do one that covers the whole car..

chb - that's a good idea, I would have thought quite a few owners would have considered getting one at some point so maybe if we were to rally enough people together it would be cost effective. Always tricky to organise these sort of things though.

Thought I would jolt this thread back to life. Did anyone find anything? Whilst I love A2s I feel like I'm painting the Forth Bridge in terms of keeping them all clean! Get to the finish and start again in the other direction!

Hi
I've got several of these covers from Classic Collection..they're not cheap but they are the best .. they are multi layered, stretchy, completely water proof but breathable.. through all weather's they emerge like they've been in the garage ..
44e61011be54e7bfdb27e8260d38cbcc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Bought my A2 earlier this year with a known water leakage from windscreen, drain channels and possibly OSS for which I had a substantial discount. With no garage and in an area of high rainfall decided that until I could spare the time to remove the front carpets and trim I would need some sort of temporary cover but particularly didn't want an ill fitting 'flappy' cover. Best I found to provide a tightish fit was a half cover down as far as the door handles.
From The Cover Company, 8 Pennine Close, Kings Acre, Hereford. HR4 0TE. Tel: 01432 379359.

It's invoice description is given as ; Arctic Top Cover-Car Cover-Outdoor-Generic. For Vehicle Audi A2, 0.
It is made from silver coated material has wide elastic tie down straps that go under the 'four corners' of the car. It has soft 'pockets' that fit over the wing mirrors which help give it a snug fit. The company is very helpful and delivery is next day. Cost from memory was about £50. They are on the net.

Do you have a photo of your cover fitted to the A2? I might be interested in a couple of these.

Hi contacted the cover company requesting quote for cover of A2 please see quote below.
Hope the info is of use for anybody looking to purchase.

Dear Steven,
Your Vehicle : Audi A2

Thank you for your enquiry.
We have included quotes for the items you enquired about below:

You requested information on the Alpine, lightweight Outdoor Car Cover. Its high quality manufacture and practical nature make it a very good choice for someone wanting all round levels of protection with ease of use and practicality all rolled in. The light composite fabric provides a very satisfactory fit whilst not involving the high level of tailoring and relative cost of a fully-tailored cover.
A long lasting option for someone who wants good value for money. The Alpine is a high quality alternative to chain store offerings. Moisture resistance is moderate. If moisture resistance is vital please look at Alpine Ultimate.

Quotes for our Generic Outdoor Car Covers available for your vehicle:
*Alpine* £114.00 Buy Now: http://tinyurl.com/4z2ftk/26582-89225

You also requested information on the new and more robust Alpine Ultimate, a fully breathable and rugged cover manufactured from the most advanced fabric using Nanotechnology to give a unique waterproof coating. It is strong and stretchy ensuring effective and safe long term protection for your vehicle both outdoors and indoors. Manufactured in ten individual patterns to suit a very wide range of cars. The slight stretch in the fabric offers most of the benefits of a Custom-Made Car Cover but at a more modest price. Available in grey.

Quotes for our Generic Outdoor Car Covers available for your vehicle:
*Alpine Ultimate* £176.00 Buy Now: http://tinyurl.com/4z2ftk/26557-89225

P & P £8.70
All Prices include VAT at 20% and are valid for 14 days.

Please quote reference 89225

Best Regards,
Chris Dash

TheCoverCompany - Order Hotline 01432 379 357
For further details see www.thecovercompany.co.uk

-------------------------------------------------
To help us ensure personalised service, we attach an enquiry number to each customer enquiry. We have assigned you enquiry number [#CC89225]. Please leave this number in your replies so that we can ensure you receive the best possible service

Thank you, The Cover Company

To answer my own question earlier in the thread: I purchased one of the Arctic Car Caps as recommended by Meriafel. Photos below. Whilst not perfect, it's about as good as I could hope for from a non-tailored cover. Very easy to fit - takes easily less than a minute. The fabric feels quite tough and of good quality, but not very thick. If it's a multilayer, it's not easy to spot! The pockets for the mirrors are a very soft, stretchy material that can't be waterproof but they allow a nice fit over the A pillars. I'll post an update on how well it weathers. After I took the photos (light was fading fast) I played around with the fit a little more and ended up with around half of the front wiper pinning the cover to the screen.

Given a couple of tucks below the tailgate spoiler and another elastic length of elastic strap running from the existing one for the rear to a point near the rear door handle it could give quite a snug fit. The front-to-back seams follow the roof line quite nicely.

Of note is that the Cover Company originally cancelled my purchase and refunded my money, telling me that they had trial fitted the cover on an A2 and didn't think it fitted correctly. I had some back-and-forth emails to find out what the problems were and then had to re-order.
Arctic Car Cap 02.jpgArctic Car Cap 01.jpgArctic Car Cap 03.jpgArctic Car Cap 04.jpg

Last edited:
Back