CCU Coding

TroyTempest69

A2OC Donor
Hi all

My CCU started to give me some issues last week (Q prefix) so I'd thought I'd source a working second hand unit to swap out - rather than buy new or get repaired.

Wanted to post what info I found on the net about what channels do what on the CCU..in case this helps anyone in the future. I'm by no means an expert...so please feel free to amend/add if something isn't correct. Initially I came unstuck as the swapped out unit wouldn't lock the rear doors...but channel 61 sorted this out as it seems my new unit was from a car with four electric windows, and mine only has two.

I also found that it's simpler to check the coding on the 'old' unit before you remove so you can match the values on the replacement - assuming you want a like for like swap.

A lot of the info below I found on the link below, but I've copied it below in case the link should change in the future.

http://www.audi-portal.com/en/diagnostic/ecu_11548.html#1

Pete

Coding can be found on VCDS > Control Module 46 - Central Conv.
Choose 'Adaptation - 10' , then use the up/down function to access the relevant channel option.

Channel 7

This allows you to programme what features you want on your car. Ideally the swap out unit you have has the same code as the old, so as long as you don't want to amend anything you can leave this alone. You simply chose what features your car has/wants...add up the values under the code column and you have your code. For example, mine was 6858 = 2+8+64+128+512+2048+4096

The code is composed as follows:

Ref Code Feature

1. 1 For vehicles up to week 18/01: Deactivate anti-theft alarm with intentional de-safing

For vehicles from week 18/01: GB alarm (extended alarm cycle)

2. 2 Acknowledge anti-theft alarm flashing

3. 4 SCL - Selective Central Locking

4. 8 Activation of anti-theft alarm

5. 16 Disable tailgate unlock via road speed

6. 32 CL lock via road speed

7. 64 Convenience function by radio signal

8. 128 Right-hand drive

9. 256 Vacant

10. 512 Acknowledge radio signal close (1x flash)

11. 1024 Acknowledge anti-theft alarm horn

12. 2048 Door/window lifter logic (terminal 87)

13. 4096 Acknowledge radio signal open (2x flash)

14. 8192 Ignore

15. 16384 Radio CL function with SCL selection

Explanatory notes:

Re no. 1:

For vehicles up to week 18/01 - intentional de-safeing: When the locking cylinder is turned to close twice within two seconds the vehicle is intentionally de-safed.

For vehicles from week 18/01 - GB alarm: Activate this function only if the vehicle is being sold to GB or Ireland. This code is only adopted in conjunction with number 4.

Re no. 2: Turn signal flash acknowledge, when all doors and the tailgate are closed and the vehicle is locked via lock cylinder or remote control. Subsequent closing of a door or the tailgate brings a late acknowledgement. The driver's door must have been at least on the latch beforehand. This code is only adopted in conjunction with number 4.

Re no. 3: The security central locking means that the first time the locked vehicle is unlocked only the driver door and the tank flap are opened (the Safe function is cancelled on all doors). If a second unlock command immediately follows, the remaining doors and the tailgate/boot lid are unlocked.

Re no. 4: Activation of anti-theft alarm Warning horn activation only in variants 2,5,6,7.

Re no. 5: Above a road speed of 5 km/h the tailgate release is disabled by the Softtouch function. The tailgate can only be unlocked at a speed of less than 5km/h and when one or both of the front doors is opened.

Re no. 6: Above a road speed of 10km/h the doors are locked. They remain locked until terminal 15 off and S-contact off (remove ignition key). The doors can also be unlocked by way of the Lock/Unlock button.

Re no. 7: The convenience function by radio signal facility enables the window lifters to be operated and the sun roof to be closed both mechanically by way of the driver door lock and by way of the corresponding buttons on the radio remote control. Convenience opening of the sun roof is not implemented.

Re no. 8: To be coded when fitting in a right-hand drive vehicle

Re no. 10: A lock command via the radio remote control (not via the lock cylinder), and when all the doors including the tailgate are closed, is acknowledged by the turn signal indicators. Any subsequent closing of a door or the tailgate is not acknowledged by the turn signals.

Re no. 11: Additional acknowledgement via the alarm horn. Important: No longer permitted by German law.

Re no. 12: Terminal 87 - As soon as one of the front doors is opened with terminal 15 off, no window lifters can be operated. If no door is opened with terminal 15 off, the window lifters can be operated for a maximum of 10 minutes.

Re no. 13: Unlocking of the vehicle via the radio remote control is indicated by the turn signals flashing.

Re no. 14: The door lock Safe motors in the doors are no longer activated. Consequently only locking is possible, and no safeing.

Re no. 15: When the vehicle is unlocked using the radio remote control everything is unlocked

When the vehicle is unlocked from a lock cylinder -> security central locking

Channel 21

This channel allows you to program new/additional keys to activate the central locking/alarm. Note - this does not program the immobiliser part of the security system....so whilst you can get a new fob to open/lock the car doing this alone will not allow you to start the car.

Channel 60

Adaption channel 60 (adaption of air conditioner)

Adaption value Setting

00 Without air conditioner operating and display unit -E87

01 With air conditioner operating and display unit -E87

Note: The setting means that after switching on the rear window heater via the button in the air conditioner operating unit the mirror heating (if fitted and the switch-on conditions are met) is also switched on. Identifiable in measured value block 013, display zone 4

=> Readout - Mirror heating (On/Off).

Adaption channel 61 (variant reduction)

This option is intended for Service, to reduce the number of variants. This only applies to the variants in which activation of the rear doors is implemented however. This adaption channel cannot be selected in isolation. This is the exception, however, and is not a fault.

Adaption value Setting

00 without radio remote control, four door control units

01 without radio remote control, manual window lifters in rear

02 with radio remote control, four door control units

03 with radio remote control, manual window lifters in rear

Notes:

J In addition to the adaption, the coding must be set to the desired status (e.g.: without anti-theft alarm, with anti-theft alarm, right-hand drive, door/window lifter logic, ...)

J Adaption to manual rear window lifters is only permitted if no rear door control units are fitted. If four door control units were selected unintentionally, even though manual window lifters are fitted in the rear, a communication fault relating to the non-fitted rear door control units (also identifiable on initial access) is entered.

Back