Sudden loss of power

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kookhaus

Hi there

My A2 has just recently started a slightly worrying habit. At motorway speeds the engine suddnely loses power for a second and then cuts in a gain. It never cuts out completely but it is nonetheless disconcerting. It usually happens at about 60 -70 mph and curiously when the fuel tank is half empty (or is that half-full?? the MPG on these cars still amazes me :) ). I took the car to West London Audi and they did a diagnostic but failed to find anything. So it's one of those mysteries. Has anyone out there experienced anything similar or know what might be the cause?

Thanks

Audi A2 1.4 SE 2000 X

You are not alone. It happened to me about a month ago. Similar circumstances: 70mph, dual carriegway. The engine cut out, revs droped and then back to normal. It was very quick, less then 1 sec.
It hasn`t happened since.

1.4 sport/2002/islandgreen/cc/cd

I had a similar problem on the polo, it would loose power under acceleration (from 30mph was the most concerning) it was the engine intake temp sensor - the one that controls the flap for cold/hot air, (hot air from around the exhaust when cold - cold air when hot).. it sucked in to much cold air and iced some of the components in the air/fuel mix..(don't know the correct name).

Lee and Sheridan,
TDI SE, Build 11/01, Dolphin Grey
50% Brighter Bulbs : Audi 6 CD Changer : Rear drinks holder : Floppy Wiper : Centre Tray : Elasticated Belt System : Chrome Numberplate Surround : A3 Transmission Nets : Heated Mirrors

Had a similar problem with my original 1.4SE : symptom: pulled out to overtake at about 50 and suddenly no power: embarrassment, if not dangerous. This happened twice over a couple of weeks so took it in to my local Audi agent Listers in Stratford-on-Avon. George their mechanic knew exactly what was faulty, and they changed it in about one hour: apparently some form of relay linked to the accelerator (but what it does I know not - except when it doesn't then you're in the mire). I stopped crawling about under cars about ten years ago when the electronics (which I never understood) started to overtake the mechanicals in importance related to whether it goes or not. Thats why I switched from Lancias to newer (and new) Audis!! Apart from anything else they screw them together better!!! (and my V6 TT beats a Delta Evo for every-day transport: my Lancia club friends were most put out!)

I've had the same problem on my car. Called out road side assistance as it was getting worse they changed a snsor bu that was to do with the speedon. They advised me to book it into my dealer to have anothere sensor changed, the dealer said they couldn't find a fault on diagnosticas road side assistance had cleared the problem. Nothing was changed, so still not sorted. It does still happen but not as often as it used too. Ill have to get it booked into my dealer again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back