Retrofit false floor?

sailesh

A2OC Donor
Hi folks, does anyone know if and how it would be possible to install the false boot floor into an A2 without?

The requirement would be to install the supporting rails on both wheel arches; looking closely it seems like these are integrated into the arch liners and/or the chassis..

Hi folks, does anyone know if and how it would be possible to install the false boot floor into an A2 without?

The requirement would be to install the supporting rails on both wheel arches; looking closely it seems like these are integrated into the arch liners and/or the chassis..

There has been a recent discussion on this and it is still quite active, so you should be able to get all the info you need from that,

But there are the two trim panels with the cutouts for sale on eBay for £9.99 each and would be a huge help (hopefully the right colour!)

Steve B

I think I was the first person to have this mod done.

But basically a support bracket bolts on to the wheel arches then trim panels with cut outs over these. Then you have the support rails fit to the brackets.

Sourcing all the parts is the biggest problems. The trim panels with cut outs ebay are a bargin.

Cheers

David

Hi Sailesh,

If you can get the correct trim panels on eBay, then I've got all the other bits you need; the rails, the bolts, the rail covers and the false floor itself. The floor might might not be the correct colour, but it'd tie you over.

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited:
Unfortunately, only 2000 & 2001MY A2s have this colour interior, so you'll be lucky if it's suitable for your car. What's the year of yours?

Tom

At that price even if they are the wrong colour. It is a royal pain in the butt. but you could use them as a template to cut out your existing trim panels.

At that price even if they are the wrong colour. It is a royal pain in the butt. but you could use them as a template to cut out your existing trim panels.

I have seen people somehow successfully change the colour on trim panels like this.

Steve B

Hi Sailesh,

If you can get the correct trim panels on eBay, then I've got all the other bits you need; the rails, the bolts, the rail covers and the false floor itself. The floor might might not be the correct colour, but it'd tie you over.

Cheers,

Tom

Chaps

Thanks a million for your kind help and offers - I think I have a suitable donor car and parts, do you have any pointers on removing the trim panels?

I am not much help in how the trim panels come off. But just to warn you. All the rear trim has to out to do this job.

I am not much help in how the trim panels come off. But just to warn you. All the rear trim has to out to do this job.

I have had those panels off a couple of times and it takes a bit of force (and therefore courage) to prise some of the bits off and you will almost certainly damage some of the weird "plastic box" type clips.
As Riverlad said you will probably have to take off more trim than you think (such as the "boot lip" panel that has the opening for the tailgate catch and the door shut plastic on the rear door surrounds).

Watch as you put it back together too, it is very easy to damage the plastic clips if they are not lined up.

Sounds a nightmare, but it isn't that bad, but I wouldn't mind betting that you end up leaving a clip or two off, it still seems to look right though.

Good luck

Steve B

First remove the rubber from around the lower section of the boot opening.
You've got 3x torx25 holding the very rear interior trim panel in place, under little plastic caps. Completely remove this trim panel.
Remove the roller blind to expose a single torx25 near where the seatbelt emerges from the trim.
The funny-shaped plastic trim sections at the base of the C-pillars (to the side of the rear seats) need to be removed before the boot trims can come out. These is simply held in with clips and poppers.
The load hook covers on the floor need to come off so that you can lift the boot carpet.

With all these jobs done, you'll be able to release the boot trim panels and remove them completely. They are both held in place with 3 fairly beefy clips; one near the boot opening, one closer to the rear door and one somewhere in the middle, all along the upper plastic section. As Steve says, the clips themselves are easily broken (though methods exist to ensure that you never break them!), but new ones can be purchased from Audi (as a kit of 3) for a couple of pounds.

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited:
I'm planning on this modification. To do it, I need these three parts, if I'm correct? And also the screws then. I plan on doing the cutouts myself.

$_1.JPG

$_1.JPG

$_1.JPG

Yes, this will do.
I also have made the cutouts myself. No need for other trim panels.

I saw this thing from ETKA. What is the piece named 18A? I don't need that aswell? Parts 33 and 26, I guess I can get from my dealer.
View attachment 15223

Part 18A is the plastic hinge part of the false floor itself. You don't need to buy it as it comes as part of the floor.

33 is a captive nut and 26 is the bolt (Torx45, if I remember correctly). You'll find that your car already has the captive nuts fitted in most of the holes, though they may be hidden behind the bitumen sound-deadening stuff (that you'll need to completely remove). You'll need about 10 of the bolts (part 26), but none of part 33.

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited:
Part 18A is the plastic hinge part of the false floor itself. You don't need to buy it as it comes as part of the floor.

33 is a captive nut and 26 is the bolt (Torx40, if I remember correctly). You'll find that your car already has the captive nuts fitted in most of the holes, though they may be hidden behind the bitumen sound-deadening stuff (that you'll need to completely remove). You'll need about 10 of the bolts (part 26), but none of part 33.

Cheers,

Tom
Excellent info Timmus, thanks! Let's hope that 18A is still on my ordered used false floor. We'll see in a couple of days.
Part 25 is supposed to be luggage compartment liner, foldable.

Last edited:
Back