'The definitive' Mods list

dan_b

A2OC Donor
Edit: Dan's post lists the majority of common/popular/desirable/ compatible modifications for the Audi A2. Please add your ideas to this thread for future reference of others, and also feel free to link any exisiting threads which document these upgrades to our wee aluminium pals ;)

Here's an attempt at a reasonably comprehensive list of all the mods I can remember people doing over the last few years. No doubt there are more!

Interior
• Leather seats (nappa or alacantra)
• Custom retrimming of interior
• Front heated seats
• Rear electric windows
• Auto dim rear view mirror
• Illuminated vent controls!
• Driver's armrest
• De-screen the OSS
• interior LED light packages of various colours and locations
• Storage tray under hand brake
• Remove trim bulge around accelerator pedal
• 12v socket in boot
• Collapsible spare wheel
• False floor
• LED illuminated gear stick
• iPhone "Sat-nav" mount
• Pop-up storage cubby on dash top

Exterior
• Heated mirrors
• Front headlight washers
• heated washer jets
• Twin-tone horn
• Bi-projector Xenon HIDs
• Auto-level HID system
* Daytime running lights
• Big brake upgrade for front wheels
• Indicator repeaters in wing mirrors
• Puddle lights on wing mirrors
• Coming home lights
• 1.2TDi aero mods (lip spoilers, subframe spoiler, exhaust tunnel cover)
• 1.2TDi/1.6FSi tailgate (larger rear spoiler)
• Votex body kit
• Wheels (choose between 14 and 18” depending on preference!)
• Plastidip re-spray
• Illuminated front and rear Audi badges! (added at DJ190's request)
• Twin rear fog light enable

Controls
• Cruise control
• Komfortblinker
• DIS
o Washer bottle level monitoring
o Bulb monitoring
• Rear parking sensors

Multimedia
• Soundproofing
• Double-DIN dash
• RNS-E (Mk1 or Mk2)
• Bose (partial or full)
• Bluetooth module
• Boot-mounted 6x CD changer
• Rear view reversing camera
• Flat bottom multifunction steering wheel with SDS ( Mod edit: Whilst this modification has been fitted by a number of members there is evidence of compatibility issues between single and dual stage airbag configuration which may result in an airbag not deploying in the event of an accident. Therefore A2OC does not promote or endorse the fitting of this feature on the grounds of potentially reduced safety performance of the vehicle during a collision
• DAB radio

Suspension, engine and transmission

• Koni FSDs & Weitec springs (or other preferred suspension upgrade)
• Whiteline Rear Anti Roll Bar
• TDi engine remap
• EGR valve removal
• De-cat
• Forge intercooler
• Custom exhaust
• 0.659 5th gear or 6 speed gearbox
• 1.8T engine transplant

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a dream spec! Im collecting my new A2 TDI 90 Sport next week would love to install a vortex body kit and Bi-projector Xenon HIDs ( daytime running lights can anyone please advise.

I am going down the stealth ECU upgrade .

Cheers

Petrolhead

i think the "1.8T engine transplant" needs to be taken off the list. its not popular, desirable maybe but not common and there is one thread about it which to be honest wont really help anyone except the person that wrote it.

it would be really good to have the links to threads on the list above because apart from the 1.8T engine transplant it is a great list.

Yes - but check the warning note in the 'multimedia' section of the definitive list above

Cheers Spike

Hi, the post 2012 TT MFSW fits and has an airbag that is compatible with the A2 (Single stage)

I just had mine fitted and it was £1,095 plus VAT all in and fitted and that is a brand new wheel and airbag.
A lot of money but it is a superb steering wheel.

Steve B

I think the "1.8T engine transplant" needs to be taken off the list.

It would be really good to have the links to threads on the list

I'd disagree on removing the 1.8T transplant from the list. It is possible and has been done here and in Germany. We may attract members in the future who's penchant for modding lies in the more engineering side, as opposed to the 'OEM plus' direction which forms the majority of travel for current taste.

I have reworded the original post to detail that the list covers 'compatible' modifications and they will be included provided they are not a safety hazard.

Links to information covering the mods listed is an excellent idea. If you'd like to volunteer your time to search, locate and catalogue these; I'm sure the community would be very grateful ;)

Hi, the post 2012 TT MFSW fits and has an airbag that is compatible with the A2 (Single stage)

I just had mine fitted and it was £1,095 plus VAT all in and fitted and that is a brand new wheel and airbag.
A lot of money but it is a superb steering wheel.

Steve B

Hi Steve, the note was written around the generation (roughly 2006 to 2011) of dual airbag steering wheels people had started to fit in A2's and other model Audis.

I have a Mk 1 TT wheel and airbag fitted to my car which should have identical technology to the A2 sports wheel but unless someone has actually crash tested the car and wheel combination we can only make educated guesses as to just how compatible our choices are.

Cheers Spike

DRL's added, however painted callipers are cosmetic and would we class that as a modification?

Well, it depends how you define modification. If this is something which was not offered even as an option on A2, than it is probably a modification..., but I see the logic behind not adding it as it does not change the way car operates.

Cheers,

Mariusz

thats a fair point. It is just i looked into doing it and there was absolutely no help apart from a few pictures so unless you really are a pure engineer you will seriously struggle with the transplant. Considering how many a2's are out there (not comparing to other cars but still more then 2), there is a reason why only 2 in the world have ever had a 1.8t put in them.
what is the "OEM plus" mods? if its a mod it should be on the list :p

Something i did look into a few years ago is what mods were available for 1.4 petrol, i couldnt find much. i wonder if some ideas should be put on the list for new owners looking for tuning mods?
If i get 10 mins ill be happy to find a link or 2 and post them up. a link each and itll be done.

I'd disagree on removing the 1.8T transplant from the list. It is possible and has been done here and in Germany. We may attract members in the future who's penchant for modding lies in the more engineering side, as opposed to the 'OEM plus' direction which forms the majority of travel for current taste.

I have reworded the original post to detail that the list covers 'compatible' modifications and they will be included provided they are not a safety hazard.

Links to information covering the mods listed is an excellent idea. If you'd like to volunteer your time to search, locate and catalogue these; I'm sure the community would be very grateful ;)

"OEM Plus" is a sort of expression for the type of modding where you aim to maintain the original look and use original equipment as much as possible, often by using other parts within the Audi/VAG stable. For example, that could be installing a flat-bottomed Audi TT steering wheel, or Daylight Running Lights from a Q7 - those parts were never available for the A2 originally, but are still genuine Audi parts - so it retains the Audi look.

Urgh! I didn't need to see this list of money to spend lol...

Got lots on there, but lots I will also now want to do!

Urgh! I didn't need to see this list of money to spend lol...

Got lots on there, but lots I will also now want to do!

Once you are bitten by the A2 bug there is no cure, but the occasional application of a mod or two seems to work.

Steve B

Well i pick the car up Saturday so Sunday is clear for starting to decide what's first!

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

The vortex body kit seems extremely rare, I literally cannot find any sellers nor any manufacturers. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough? Anyone have any ideas?

Back