00818 - Sensor for Evaporator Outlet Temperature

Audiobull

A2OC Donor
another fault so thought id create a separate thread for other in the future.
Changed our ac compressor about a year ago. garage said it did not work so we left it. Now ive become interested in the car again i got under and had a look. connected the black/blue wire to the red on the compressor and the black/white to the black wire but nothing happened. I gave the hvac module a scan and it gave me this fault code.
Where is this sensor and would it be the sensor or the main control panel?

00818 - Sensor for Evaporator Outlet Temperature (G263)
30-00 - Open or Short to Plus

Hello all,

This 00818 (G263 sensor) issue has presumably arisen a few more times over recent years. I see some posts discussing a differential diagnosis route to see what the problem is without necessarily pulling the dashboard out first

Is there now a definitive resolution pathway or a preferred order of checking? That would really help me. I've got various intermittent flap faults and positioning sensor issues but the 00818 cannot be cleared. My understanding is the following but expert advice and experience is welcome.

- it is possible to test the G263 sensor with dash in place by checking voltage/resistance? across pins it connects to. Spike I think describes this in a post what is the reference to check and where are the pins? Any visual walk through guides?

- it may be the compressor. Any signs or tests for that other than the centre spin showing the clutch mechanism has gone? What is the limo mode like - I've only known my AC level but is there a comparison threshold or check - should it be ICE air in seconds?

- dash put sensor replacement - are there any other sensors or tests I've missed?

- summer is the time to notice these faults but I get a lot of condensation in winter on auto or 'up' so think mine is maybe in limp mode and not dehumidifying properly.

Definitive guide anyone?

This link may help - http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthrea...again-Air-con-not-working&p=219386#post219386

And if the G263 is faulty, Andrew found a way of changing the sensor without removing the dash - http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthrea...without-removing-the-dash&p=196745#post196745

Cheers Spike

Thanks Spike.

I'm not sure how I missed finding that but I did only look for two hours!

I found the LHD replacement and mention of the wires to test the sensor but not the resistance!

Thanks a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back