How to remove and fit heated wing mirror glass.

[video=youtube_share;Tpq0g131WTw]http://youtu.be/Tpq0g131WTw[/video]

Hopefully helpful video on how to remove and refit glass on ALL Audi A2 cars.
All A2's already have the wiring in place to accept a heated element on both sides of the car.
The proper Audi glass is a better fit and look, but for £12 a side on Ebay this glass is good value.

Hi

That's good of you to take the time to make a video and upload it - picture is worth a thousand words as they say, video must be worth a million ;)

As an alternative to using a metal spanner to lever out the glass, I used a broad plastic scraper for defrosting a freezer plus a layer of thin card to further protect the paint.

Nice one OP. Video is really helpful. I'm in two minds wether to swap my oem non heated mirrors for eBay heated ones.

Such a pity Audi didn't fit them as standard.

Hey OP.

Excellent video, after watching it I was confident i could manage it. Today my mirrors arrived and with the help of your video I got them fitted. It was really hard to get a perfect fit. In the end I didnt manage to get them perfectly aligned but its good enough. One trick i came up with is that since the connectors connect to each other very loosely. Its a good idea to bend the connectors on the heated mirror so they look like "S" or like a wave. That way it will stay connected better and hopefully wont fall out.

Thnx again!

Hy,
i want to do this mod to my car but i have 2 questions:
-Is the wireing in place on all models( mine is 1.4 petrol 2000) so i will only have to replace the glass?
-What tipe of mirros do i have to buy as on ebay there are 3-4 different tipes like ,,flat mirror,,or ,,convex mirror,, or ,,wide mirror,, ????
Thanks!

Hy,
i want to do this mod to my car but i have 2 questions:
-Is the wireing in place on all models( mine is 1.4 petrol 2000) so i will only have to replace the glass?
-What tipe of mirros do i have to buy as on ebay there are 3-4 different tipes like ,,flat mirror,,or ,,convex mirror,, or ,,wide mirror,, ????
Thanks!
The wiring is there on every A2 I have had across all models.

The different mirror shapes just give a different width of view.

The driver's side should have a wide view to spot overtaking cars in your blind spot.
It is not a bad idea to have a wide view on the passenger side mirror too.

But it is more a question of preference, I prefer wide views in both mirrors.

Steve B

Back