Fuel & Oil Additives

war1ord

Hi driving A2 1.4 Petrol from 2003 I was wondering if there is a good idea to put some fuel & oil additives into a car for nice refresh feel , does them really work or just waist of money , thanks.

I use Archoil for all my cars in the oil and dieselfuel. I have noticed a huge difference in the fuel addative for my diesel A2 do I could highly recommend their stuff.

I use 2 stoke oil in my diesel. But thats a separate topic. I have seen that they sell a lot of additives from STP. Anyone tried those?

Personally I doubt oil additives will do much assuming you use Audi/quantum spec oil, the only exception I would consider are the new nano tech oils but that would be subject to some research first. As for fuel I would run a few tanks of Vpower/Ultimate or similar and give it a few good italian tune ups!

I use 2 stoke oil in my diesel. But thats a separate topic. I have seen that they sell a lot of additives from STP. Anyone tried those?

as above i have started using redex along with 2 stroke as per specs varying slighlty with the b, c & d codes and too be honest i havent noticed any difference but i do hope that it is helping in some way :)

seems most folk are going down this route of additives and for the record im using halfords 2 stroke £6 for 1ltr and diesel redex :)

cheers cammy

Personally I doubt oil additives will do much assuming you use Audi/quantum spec oil, the only exception I would consider are the new nano tech oils but that would be subject to some research first. As for fuel I would run a few tanks of Vpower/Ultimate or similar and give it a few good italian tune ups!

The Archoil I use is exactly this nano tech oil and i noticed a much on the A2 and less on my Volvo Hybrid. Biggest change was my A2 but thats is mostly cause its older. Feels newer now tho with a smoother run. Do hughly recommend Archoils oil and fuel addatives.

I put 200ml of 2 stroke oil in every fill - supposedly stops wear of some components, I can not say that I can notice the difference

Highly important for my TDI in with the fuel to clean the jets and stop smoking in the mornings. I use it twice a year and notice a great improvement in performance and MPG, I originally thought my air mass flow meter was faulty but after talking to an honest Audi mechanic he told me the meter either works or not and not intermittent and suggested the diesel fuel additive as long as it has polyetheramine PEA in it, try a few additives because everyone swears there's is the best.

Last edited:
as a tdi owner I use 2 stroke too. But heard dieselrhino is good. For petrols I think BGK stuff is the best.

Just a heads up... Tesco have Redex on offer for £2 (Half Price) for Petrol and Diesel engines.

Also WD40 is £2.

I bought a couple of bottles last night while its cheap.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397736278.692078.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1397736311.573832.jpg

I use extra lube zx1 for the first time this year. It took a few hundred miles to notice any difference but it has improved mpg by 10% and the engine seems a lot quieter too

Back