Concert II display not working - any help greatly appreciated!

Scage

Hi there.

I'm new here, but a long time lurker. I was wondering if anyone may be able to help me.

I got a Connects2 to supply my Concert II with an aux. I have removed the Stereo, all working correctly and then fitted the Connects2. Put it all back and nothing shows on the Concert display. When you turn it on the red backlight comes on but nothing else. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it? Am I looking at a new stereo?

I saw on the net that with displays for other audio models it was a suggestion to remove the fuse and then put it back. I did that this morning with no luck.

Thank you in advance!

What happens if you simply remove the Connects2 kit and just wire it all up as it was? Same problem?

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited:
Yes, same problem. The was the first thing I did when I noticed it.

In fact, since I posted this its got a bit worse. Now the backlight isn't coming on either. Makes me wonder if it's a dry joint or something.

It sounds like you may have disturbed the feed when you did the swap, check all connections properly before doing anything drastic, including the earth.

Steve B

Thanks all- yes not the code as all functionalities work. If it was the code I'd have a problem inputting it!

I'm not really sure what else I can do other than track down a replacement? It works perfectly but the screens gone!

It's typical really - was fitting a new cup holder and went to add the aux while I was there. Now I have a bigger problem!

I would probably do as others have suggested and check the looms for any loose wires.
It could be down to a loose connection.

I found with lots attached to the back of the radio it became harder to push it back in and once had a cable jump out (which caused the aux not to work) and had to redo it all again!

John

This is a curious problem. If you lived a touch closer, I'd take a look at it for you.

Whatever you do, do not not throw your current unit away. I have a spare display unit for a Concert II CD player, so if the fault does lie there, I'll be able to fix it. :)

Cheers,

Tom

Anybody found the solution for this? Just found out this morning that a very similar thing is happening to my Concert II.

1. Took out the properly working Chorus II (A rev.) from the dashboard
2. Plugged in Concert II (G rev.)
3. Turned on Concert II only to have red backlight and no text display
4. Disconnected Concert II and reconnected Chorus II
5. Chorus II working as it always has

I should mention that I did take apart the fascia of the Concert II last night to get to the variable resistor and might have disturbed something in the process :p. Haven't checked the fuse yet. Cheers.

Back