Greetings

J-Me

Hi

I'm an owner of 2002 TDI at 88K.
I have recently bought this car and I would like to sort a few bits that are not right.
Car has only one key, I have already managed to cut another and source a spare fob but when I asked local locksmiths none ccould code a spare key to A2.
Do you know any one who could do that? I live in Somerset.
Also when I bought a car comfort module had fault so I've replaced it. Now when I open rear doors interior lights do not come on, is that normal or comfort module needs reprogramming?
I have rear electric windows but they work OK.
Last bit is radio code, I'm planning to replace it with aftermarket unit but I'll keep original, unfortunatelly I don't havea code for it is there any way to retreive it?

Thanks in advance

Hi and welcome to the A2oc.

For a spare key, as far as I'm aware, only club member Sarge can code keys but he is based in London.

If the radio is the original unit, Audi dealers can provide the code and its not normally very expensive. Also, you may be lucky as cars from mid 2002 (I think) have a canbus 'infotainment' system which recognises the original radio without the need for the code.

Cheers Spike

Hi

Also when I bought a car comfort module had fault so I've replaced it. Now when I open rear doors interior lights do not come on, is that normal or comfort module needs reprogramming?
You don't need to program that so my guess is that the replacement CCCU had this fault on it.

We had the same problem (Interior lights not working but everything else was fine) and it was a fault in the CCCU.

But you have checked the bulbs of course?

Steve B

Interior lights are working fine when front door are open.
When I open rear doors they will not work at all.

It could also be the rear door locks themselves. The microswitch is embedded in the lock itself and does go faulty which will also manifest in door locking issues.
Best to run a scan to identify exactly where the fault lies.

blue skies
tony

Back