OEM windscreen seal

meriafel

A2OC Donor
I am having my scratched non Audi windscreen replaced imminently and ordered a new screen from Stoke Audi which arrived over the weekend. The Parts Dept rang to say that the closed cell foam seal that I thought would arrive in place attached to the edge of the screen was not present. They have no record of ever having ordered one previously and the parts diagram does not indicate that it is a separate part?

We don't have a local Audi Dealer, so having read that Worthing Audi do OSS rebuilds under Warranty for the Factory when needed I thought it logical that they would have the 'Knowledge'! How wrong I was, their Parts dept had no idea and were not interested in the least in finding out about this seal or whether the OSS models have a different part maybe? Their attitude was quite rude and unhelpful.

Can anyone tell me if there is a source of this windscreen 'seal' which I understand visually covers channels beneath that are the rainwater 'drains' for the front two corners of the OSS taking the water down to the front wheel arches? My seal is on both sides and the top of the screen and approx. 5mm in width and could be a mm wider at the top? There is I understand not the usual draining tubes that I saw were attached to the previous VAG sunroofs I've had. The seal is only attached to the glass and simply touches the 'A' pillar.

I'd be grateful for any feedback/info which you will appreciate is rather urgent. I also rang a large Audi dealer in West London who I guessed may have more owners having original Audi screens fitted rather than aftermarket and although they were unable to offer advice they recalled a previous Parts guy with them that had an A2 with red leather who loved it and gave me his last known phone number so a lead I'll try as tomorrow.

What a different attitude to that of the south coast Audi Dealer!

Last edited by a moderator:
The black seal that you describe is an integral component of the windscreen and is present on both side and the top edges.
There is a grooved channel that runs across the bottom to fix the scuttle cover in place.
The OSS has no separate water management provision.

Hope this helps.

blue skies
tony

The black seal that you describe is an integral component of the windscreen and is present on both side and the top edges.

Agree with Tony. I've had the misfortune to have 2 replacement windscreens in recent times - one OE one aftermarket and both components had integral seals on them. If the part has been provided without this, maybe it should be rejected? I'd confirm you and the supplier are talking about the same thing first though!

Hope you get it sorted, and at least you know that OSS A2's don't have a different windscreen fitting.

Thanks for the replies. It seems that the OEM screen delivered to Audi does in fact have a "rubber lip around the edge" seen when they looked at it further!!! Having never ordered one before the dealer was not expecting it to appear as it did.

Back