Front grille.

My 05 A2 is one of the later ones thats fitted with the slatted front grille. Can the solid black grille as per earlier models be fitted to mine? It would certainly look nicer in my opinion, and if so where could I find one?

Thanks all
Danilo

My 05 A2 is one of the later ones thats fitted with the slatted front grille. Can the solid black grille as per earlier models be fitted to mine? It would certainly look nicer in my opinion, and if so where could I find one?

Thanks all
Danilo

Yes members on here have swapped them.
EBay is probably your best bet.

Steve B

Danilo, Hi.

I have a smooth black grille that I'd be happy to swap for your slatted unit - I plan to use it on a project car I'm planning so must preferably be in a very good condition. If you can make it to Milton Keynes, I'll even do the "transplant" FOC.

blue skies
tony

I'd be happy do to a swap aswell...
But by post, unless you're planning a trip to Belgium :)

Danilo, Hi.

I have a smooth black grille that I'd be happy to swap for your slatted unit - I plan to use it on a project car I'm planning so must preferably be in a very good condition. If you can make it to Milton Keynes, I'll even do the "transplant" FOC.

blue skies
tony

Hi Tony.

Thanks for that. I'd be happy to come to Milton Keynes. It would have to be on a Sunday though. In April ? Pm me your post code. My slatted grille is in very good condition rest assured.

Thanks

Danilo

Hi Danilo
It would certainly look nicer in my opinion,

Agree 100%. I did mine. It's just held on by 2 bolts and is a 15 min job. Just take care when laying the bonnet on its back. Use a nice soft clean blanket.

If I recall correctly, I had to buy 2 longer bolts and they were used in the reverse direction to the originals (as I say, from memory, as it was many years ago I did the job)

Of course, any original smooth grill is going to be 10 years old so may be subject to pitting and the Audi rings subject to corrosion depending on mileage, when (winter) and where driven. Good luck finding one :)

Alan

Back