New bits for my A2

redbull_a2

A2OC Donor
Decided to treat my A2 to some cosmetic mods :)

Found these and couldn't resist , picked them up this afternoon :

All in good condition , few cosmetic marks but nothing major .

Also got these to replace my old faded ones :

Hi Paul. Good to know you're still lavishing attention upon your A2 despite having a brand new Merc. :)

What size are the tyres fitted to those Sport alloys, please?
Also, where did you get the leather controls?

Cheers,

Tom

To be honest , i prefer driving the A2 to the Merc :) and thats the truth, I am only driving the Merc to work due to being more economical, trying to keep the mileage down on the A2 .

The tyres are 225/45/17 , but i will be putting the tyres on my old alloys on which are 205/45/17.
The red controls were from Tipomark ( Thanks )

Hi Paul. Good to know you're still lavishing attention upon your A2 despite having a brand new Merc. :)

What size are the tyres fitted to those Sport alloys, please?
Also, where did you get the leather controls?

Cheers,

Tom

Does anyone know how much it would be to refurbish alloys ? They're not that badly kurbed , I am itching to get these fitted and get my A2 back to it's original state.

Does anyone know how much it would be to refurbish alloys ? They're not that badly kurbed , I am itching to get these fitted and get my A2 back to it's original state.

You'll need to shop around, but anywhere between £50 and £100 a wheel excluding VAT for a full strip/repair graze marks/powder coat and glaze.

In my book that's the only way to go for refurbishing. The mobile businesses that can do this from the back of a van are great and I've seen some good results ( they were working on a car at an Audi dealers I was window shopping in a while back) - but for my money I'd rather have the whole wheel like new again.

The a2 looks its best with the bigger wheels I must admit, but I have just went the opposite direction 17's down to 15's, I just couldn't get away with the ride on 17's even with the suspension upgrade, I was going to go the summer/winter setup but after feeling the difference being on the 15's they are staying on. If this government keeps it's promise of millions invested in British roads/repairs and in particular my daily commute I may even one day step up to 18". Saying that if Boris gets in we will all be on bikes anyways:D

I was thinking about getting either 15s or 16s but the look of the 17s won me over :) I think running 15s with the bodykit would look a bit out of place .

The a2 looks its best with the bigger wheels I must admit, but I have just went the opposite direction 17's down to 15's, I just couldn't get away with the ride on 17's even with the suspension upgrade, I was going to go the summer/winter setup but after feeling the difference being on the 15's they are staying on. If this government keeps it's promise of millions invested in British roads/repairs and in particular my daily commute I may even one day step up to 18". Saying that if Boris gets in we will all be on bikes anyways:D

Pretty surprised today , after cleaning the A2 I went to town to do some shopping and whilst I returned to my car i saw someone looking at it , they complimented how nice the A2s are and how he is currently looking for one. I gave him this website to help with his search , so hopefully we will have another new member soon .

Was nice seeing Tony , Jeff and David today at A2cars.
BIG thanks to Tony for fitting my steering wheel , makes the car look a million times better

Managed to get 50.2 MPG from Milton Keynes to Wellingborough :) not bad for a 1.4 petrol

I decided to tidy up the interior of my A2 and started with my old worn headlight switch , Amazing something so small can make so much difference :)

Before :

After :

Excellent, Paul. That does indeed look much better. :)

Thanks Tom :) still have a lot of things to do , but a bit at a time. Next I am trying to find passenger front window electric window switch. I am going to use this post for updates on what I do to my A2 .

Next I am trying to find passenger front window electric window switch.

I have a few window switches for cars with only front electric windows, two of which are in excellent condition. However, be aware that the black plastic bezel that surrounds the switches is a fit-once part; once it's in, you can't remove it without breaking at least one of the retention clips. I think the bezel is ~£27 from Audi.

Cheers,

Tom

Looks freshhhh! :)

Out of curiosity Paul, is the switch the one you recently bought from another member?If so, did you manège to get the fogs working? As from what I remember reading it didn't have the extra pull for the fog lights? Or was it? If not, how did you connect it to get the fogs working?

Thanks

Mo,

Out of curiosity Paul, is the switch the one you recently bought from another member?If so, did you manège to get the fogs working? As from what I remember reading it didn't have the extra pull for the fog lights? Or was it? If not, how did you connect it to get the fogs working?

Thanks

Mo,

Whilst Paul has front fogs fitted, there is no wiring to them. Therefore, even with the correct switch, the front fogs still won't work.

It was Andrew (ajsellors) from whom the switch was bought, if I remember correctly. It's a switch without the extra control for front fogs.

Tom

Last edited:
Do you mean the front fogs ? My A2 has front fogs but they are only for cosmetic looks , they are not wired up. The rear fogs work fine just like my old unit .

Thanks

Mo,

Whilst Paul has front fogs fitted, there is no wiring to them. Therefore, even with the correct switch, the front fogs still won't work.

It was Andrew (ajsellors) from whom the switch was bought, if I remember correctly. It's a switch without the extra control for front fogs.

Tom

Yes that's correct .

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Tom , £27 is quite a lot. Think I will stick with the faded one for now :)

I have a few window switches for cars with only front electric windows, two of which are in excellent condition. However, be aware that the black plastic bezel that surrounds the switches is a fit-once part; once it's in, you can't remove it without breaking at least one of the retention clips. I think the bezel is ~£27 from Audi.

Cheers,

Tom

Back