Back in the Audi fold

Adrian888

A2OC Donor
After a 12 month affair with a Freelander2 I am now back in the land of Audi ownership. The FL2 is not a bad car and probably one of the most capable SUV's around but when it comes to build quality fit/finish an Audi it ain't. So my new wheels...... an R plate A4 TDi estate bought for the princely sum of £450. 10 months mot, 1 months tax, cambelt changed 12 months ago, 155K miles, good matching Falken tyres all round, everything works save for the rear wash (the wiper is fine). The only 'faults' as such is the coolant is rather rusty looking and the temp gauge doesn't move much, or quickly and the passenger airbag has been removed with a mangled cover sitting on the dash. Otherwise it starts on the button and steers/brakes/changes gear like a much newer car. The plan is to clean it up (it's filthy) and trade-it or sell it as soon as I find my A6 Estate - looking for a 2.7TDi with heated seats, preferably manual and around £6-£7k. Might look at a 2.0tdi but they are a bit sluggish and currently pondering a cheap 3.0TDi quattro version, up on miles but FASH and one owner..... :)

Well I have now bought an A6 estate. Not quite to the spec I wanted but too good a deal to miss. 2006 2.7TDi, mid blue metallic, one owner, FASH, with 136k miles, new Pirelli tyres, MOT to mid April 2015, 3 months tax, Bose, retractable towbar, needs rear bumper painting (loading scratches), alloys just about perfect, £5100 incl 3 months warranty. Only downside is no sat-nav which most A6's of this age have but otherwise happy with it.

Sounds like a cracking buy.

I wouldn't worry about the sat nav - even the DVD nav in the C6 with the latest maps disc is getting a bit long in the tooth now. I'm sure a decent Garmin or a good smartphone app is the way forward. Just a thought - does it have the turn-by-turn CD nav installed which I recall was standard when I bought my 2007 C6 new? It seemed to work with the red dot-matrix screen with directions in the DIS cluster albeit no visual map.

Seems like a great car Adrian. Any pics?

I just picked up a bargain 2005 Audi A3 2.0tdi Sport 140 Sportback until i find a nice A2 tdi. (Been looking for four months now) :(

:)

No sat nav of any description that I am aware of. Was due to collect the car this eve however the BACS transfer hasn't come through so will be later in the week. It is still on Autotrader, in Sheffield with 'deposit taken' on ad (NK Motors or similar).

Come on chaps. We need pics!

Akoya Silver tdi Sport
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397586373.735618.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1397586381.286209.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1397586390.034998.jpg

Quite a nice car and pulls well, although it will be sold on as soon as i find a good A2 tdi (Probably in Akoya)

Back