Rubber floor mats - replacements

Paxo

My Audi OEM driver's side (RHD) rubber mat is nearly worn through

Can you still get Audi ones? I heard rumours you couldn't.

If not who makes a good copy? (rubber, not carpet)

Or, anyone got a RHD driver's side rubber mat kicking around, we can do a deal...

cheers

You cannot get OE rubber mats anymore. The rumours you heard are quite correct.

Finding one 'kicking around' is going to be a long shot. What about keeping a saved search on eBay Europe wide and buying some used mats from a left hooker if they come up?. The right hand 'passenger side will probably be mint - then you can use your worn one as a template to carefully cut it to size.

Sorry - no idea of copy parts standards - but I'd wager 'you gets what you pay for' applies.

Since the mats have a diagonal square pattern, as do the A3 mats of the same generation, and the A3 mats appear to be widely available on eBay. When mine is finally too worn, I have it in mind to buy a pair of A3 front mats and to cut out the worn section, and cut a similar sized section from the new A3 mat; then somehow (probably carpet tape on the back) effect a repair.

Having said all of that, a search on eBay makes me think that my fallback position is flawed: all of the A3 mats available today are quite unlike my A2 mats. Back to the drawing board ...

Andrew

I have a set of rubber mats - not for sale mind you.
I use them only in the winter months to extend their longevity.

blue skies
tony

Good answers, thanks

Good idea to watch for an LHD.

I've emailed Stoke Audi just in case (they have A2 rubber rear mats on their website), will let you know what they say.

I've patched the mat with a new bit cut out of a spare, Evo-stik'ed over the dent/hole, we'll see, I don't think it will last long :)

Otherwise I guess it's an eBay copy.

Will let you know.

I had some made for my A2 from these guys Car Mats
They manufacture car mats and as i live locally i fetched them, great service and you can choose which colour trim you want on them aswell

Glue patch works a treat. Not done many miles yet but seems solid. Here's hoping.

Stoke Audi confirmed they don't make the front mats any more.

I'm about to list a set which have a small section of wear where the brake would rub the mat when pressed. Once in the car they look fine and pretty close to new.
I need to clean them once I get back from hols....then I'll list them

J

Reactions: dlp
Hi,

yes, the RHD front mats haven't been available for a while. Rear ones are still and so are LHD fronts.
The LHD fronts however are quite different. The left and right sides of the car aren't symmetric, the passenger side of a RHD car still has the driver's foot rest plate of the LHD car as that's welded to the body where as the RHD car has this bolted on extra as well as that additional bit of trim that stops the driver's right foot getting stuck behind the accelerator peddle.
The passenger (right hand side) mat of a LHD set won't fit on the driver's side of a RHD drive car as it would be too big. It potentially could be cut down to size, but that would loose the lip on the edge that stops liquid running off.

I got my rubber mats from "car mats 4 u":

http://www.carmats4u.com/Audi-A2-S2...er-Car-Mats/pid,11007,cid,643332,product.html

They have been in the car for 1 1/2 years of daily use and aren't showing much wear on the driver's heel area. They aren't as good as the Audi mats as they are cut from a flat sheet rather than formed to the shape with the rim round the edge. The shape is spot on though and you do get to choose the colour of the edge trim :)

regards

Andrew

Reactions: dlp
Try searching for the seller "cyberspares" on eBay. I bought a set of 4 two years ago and they're excellent. Tailored fit with the correct fixings. Very little sign of wear after two years.

Back