Social in Scotland

a2sumo

A2OC Donor
Hi all just thought i would bring this to the attention of our Northern members as its a rare thing a social "up north"

Greeting from Edinburgh, I was wondering if you could post an add about his meeting.

I was in the Audi part dept in Edinburgh today and the parts guy really nice guy called Peter told me about it. Was wondering if we could get a North of the boarder troup together? He said everyone meets up in Stirling and drive up in convoy. Might be a bit of fun on a sunday.

www.crieffaudimeet2014.weebly.com/

Hope all is well

Cheers
Nige

PLEASE TAKE SOME PICTURES GUYS cheers mike

Thanks to TDige for flagging this one up. Bad timing for me, or I would have been up for attending. Be nice to have some photos and a couple of A2's. Creiff is a lovely bit of the world and we based the Scottish social in 2009 around this area - great scenery and great roads for cruising.

Last edited:
Just a little bit too far for me. Likely to miss AITP too this year. Are there plans for other socials this year?

yes socials will be coming soon --- sorry for the delay but other life pressures are taking time at the mo.
cheers mike

Thanks for posting Mike

I think Im going to have a look not been to Crieff. Would be a nice run from the North East or Lakes anyone else?

Hi all just thought i would bring this to the attention of our Northern members as its a rare thing a social "up north"

Greeting from Edinburgh, I was wondering if you could post an add about his meeting.

I was in the Audi part dept in Edinburgh today and the parts guy really nice guy called Peter told me about it. Was wondering if we could get a North of the boarder troup together? He said everyone meets up in Stirling and drive up in convoy. Might be a bit of fun on a sunday.

www.crieffaudimeet2014.weebly.com/

Hope all is well

Cheers
Nige

PLEASE TAKE SOME PICTURES GUYS cheers mike

Hi there any idea where they meet in Stirling
cheers

Hi there any idea where they meet in Stirling
cheers

Hi Paul.

It was Nigel (tdige) who forwarded the link to A2OC. I think it was the parts guys at Edinburgh Audi who put him onto it. There's some chat on other Audi forums about the event, so if its not clear where the pre-meet in Stirling starts from I'd have a mooch elsewhere or contact the organisers direct.

Hope that helps.

Murdo

I'm off on Thursday, I will try to call and find out however if you find out before could you please post?

Thanks

Nige

It was the guys day off today at Audi. I have been searching online and could only find this post on audisrs.com

"I saw over on ASN there's a bunch of people leaving from Stirling services around 9.30am if anyone fancies it. I'll probably be heading there for 9ish with a few others from over this way"

Crieff Audi Meet

Hi,
Just like to say enjoyable meet and good to meet up with Bruce (rainman) & Nige (tdige) both good guys.Unfortunate that there where not more of us A2's
on show as it would have been good to meet more of the members and put faces to the names.

Attachments

• P1000753.jpg
    P1000753.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 282
  • P1000752.jpg
    P1000752.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 284
  • P1000751.jpg
    P1000751.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 270
  • P1000750.JPG
    P1000750.JPG
    986.8 KB · Views: 283
  • P1000749.JPG
    P1000749.JPG
    963.6 KB · Views: 267
  • P1000748.jpg
    P1000748.jpg
    395.4 KB · Views: 268
  • P1000745.jpg
    P1000745.jpg
    432.8 KB · Views: 280
  • P1000744.jpg
    P1000744.jpg
    458 KB · Views: 273
Looks fantastic! 3 excellent A2's - I'd have been there but the Mrs. is 8 days away from due date for mini-me #2 so the timing wasn't ideal. ;)

I'd heard from Paul ( BigVw) that Bruce's car was being retrimmed but I have to say that finish is simply stunning. Loving the door cards too, what a job! Hope to see those in the flesh one day.

Really good to see some Scottish members meeting up.

Hi WOW some really nice A2's. Good you all had fun---the retrim looks fantastic. cheers mike

Hi all

The day started off at Stirling services, there was a group of about 50 cars set off in convoy. Then some of the Quattros blasted past. That unmistakable sound of the 5 cyl Quattro brought back memories waiting in the bitter cold in Dalby forrest.

Arrived in the convoy at Crieff visitors centre lots of cars already there. Met up with guys there, discussed mods and future ideas I guess that's what its all about.

I see Steve updated a collection of pics of the A2's I have updated a few pics of the day in albums http://www.a2oc.net/forum/album.php?albumid=474

I have never seen a bigger collections of the old Quattros still one of the best cars of all time I think.

Great to meet you Fellas

Happy Daze

Nige

Last edited:
i will hopefully meet up some day....promise! i was too busy painting fences & decking including neighbours. anyhoos i hope you all had fun :) and would love to get some pointers from you experienced a2 members.

to echo above on what steve said about putting names to faces....im not angry all of the time :D

cammy

i will hopefully meet up some day....promise! i was too busy painting fences & decking including neighbours. anyhoos i hope you all had fun :) and would love to get some pointers from you experienced a2 members.

to echo above on what steve said about putting names to faces....im not angry all of the time :D

cammy

Hi Cammy

I went to Castle Combe a few years ago it was great to meet the guys down there too, bit of a drive back mind. If you ever see any events or something that could be interesting, lets get them posted. Even with 3 A2's it was still enjoyable.

It wouldnt have to be an Audi meet to have a social. A few year ago a mate of mine thats in the Mx5 club went to an Italian car meet at Hopetoun house which is a fab venue for it. Pistonheads had a spot there he said it was packed and there was some incredible cars there and a great turn out.

So lets all keep our ears to the ground.

All the best

Nige

Hi Cammy

I went to Castle Combe a few years ago it was great to meet the guys down there too, bit of a drive back mind. If you ever see any events or something that could be interesting, lets get them posted. Even with 3 A2's it was still enjoyable.

It wouldnt have to be an Audi meet to have a social.

Fancy a job as regional social secretary Nige? The hours are rubbish, the pay is worse but the rewards are great! (How's my sales pitch? )

Hey Murdo

Now I don't think you would be the best person for the job. I have lived in Scotland for over 12 years and not been to Knock hill yet:rolleyes: I only found out about this one because I went for some parts. However I will make sure I post any events I find out about and hope everyone does the same and I'll endeavour to support them.

mini-me #2 dont say your following Hooley :)

I hope it all goes well

Cheers

Nige

Last edited:
Bruce, myself and some friends will be at Audi in the Park, so will meet up with some of you before the show. And yep, Bruce's interior is stunning, a one off as Andy said after doing it he wouldn't do another ;)

Back