Faulty Stereo

Hi,
Go easy on me I'm new here and new to the A2. Since yesterday, since putting my key into the ignition and turning the engine on, my stereo (standard fit I believe) the screen has been blank and none of the buttons are responsive. I then turned the engine off and left it for a bit but it is exactly the same and the same after leaving it for a full night. Not sure if a fuse has gone that just needs replacing, not to keen on the idea of having to remove the radio. Any ideas?

P.s. It is a 2001 1.4 TDI .
Thanks
Annie

first call of port, fuse 2, 20amp(yellow) located in fuse box right side below steering remove flap. hth

lol port of call, to much whiskey last night:p

Dead

Hey, thanks for the reply. I'm now starting to think it isn't the fuse as I've just tried to start it and the stereo turned itself off and on again and is working...but now my battery is completely flat and wont start. I'm waiting for some jump leads. But what if this happens again? Is it best to just replace the whole thing? I've had nothing but problems with it, the CD player is broke, the radio has no reception, the only thing that works is the tape deck. :-/

Annie

new to the a2 myself and getting to grips with the workings ect, but battery flat is your first priority, get a test done on it (free Halfords).

then as I have found out with my recent gremlins a scan on car to pinpoint the issue.

Last edited:
Back