A2oc social event BEAULIEU PRIDE AND JOY SHOW

a2sumo

A2OC Donor
Hi all - may 5th 2014 is may bank holiday and the date set for a fine looking show at Beaulieu --- pride and joy show. Full details can be found here
http://www.beaulieu.co.uk/beaulieu-events/club-rally/prideandjoy

As I'm sure your aware after reading that page there will be plenty to see and do on the day. Advanced tickets are on sale now at £10/adult £5/child otherwise its £12.50/adult £7.50/child on the day. They call a child from 5-17 years old. To get the advanced tickets you need to follow the instructions via the page above.

If i can also ask you to click the following link to the calendar and put your name down so i can keep track of our groups numbers.
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=75&day=2014-5-5

The couple that are organising it via piston heads are organising a meeting point so we can all arrive together --- quite a mix of cars including some exotic beasts. Im looking forward to the top gear hall where all the featured cars are on display.
As well as owners’ cars, a number of dealerships are attending with a range of their latest vehicles. This will range from the latest Super Car to some of the most iconic Supercars! We are pleased to announce that these include ....

McLaren London, Have just confirmed that they will be bringing the brand new 650, it will be one of the first showings in the UK!
Alfa Romeo will also be bringing the stunning 4C, this car is in very high demand so we are very lucky to have it at our Show

Rolls-Royce Sunningdale
Bentley Hampshire
SuperVettura
Meridien Modena
Lamborghini Pangbourne
Snows Lotus
Jaguar
Rawles Motorsport
Mercedes Benz and JHW Classics.

Meridien Modena's Ferrari F12
just some of the days attendees

BEAULIEU OFFERS MANY THINGS TO SEE http://www.beaulieu.co.uk/attractions
The discount tickets are good value compared to a visit to the museum on a normal day its £20 per adult and £9.95 per child

more details to follow cheers mike

Last edited:
Sorry I'm not able to attend this time.
Big thanks to Mike for keeping the socials organised.

Hope you all have a great day!

Hilary

Hi all if your a new member or have never been to an A2oc social--why not give this a go. The day as always is very relaxed affair and open to families and friends. You are free to do whatever you want either go view the show cars or the many attractions that Beaulieu offers---or stay and join in with us that just like a chat (not all a2 i promise)
I hope to offer an evening meal at somewhere close but as some members will have a considerable distance to travel back home this will be organised on the day.
So get your names down on the calendar for a great day out. cheers mike

Just ordered my ticket along with a request for sun sun and more sun. So come on get your names down and join in. cheers mike

Going to make a weekend of it for this one. Hotel now booked and our tickets for the day bought

I am going to this too. I haven't been there for about 5 years now. What time are you heading there for?

I was hoping we would be able to make it to this but unfortunately work commitments have scuppered our plans for the weekend!

Have a great day.

Cheers

Rob.

This really sounds like a cracking day out for any car lover. Shame it's on my daughters due date :p (hopefully that's a valid excuse for non - attendance. Hopefully we get some more members signed up for this. The A2 socials are always relaxed and friendly gatherings and a great chance to see a selection of our favourite wee car.

Go on - if you're free that weekend and have never considered attending a car show for whatever reason - give it a go! :cool:

Just waiting for my work to decide whether I can have this day off since they aren't sure yet lol should know by the weekend fingers crossed :)

So just over a week to go so get your tickets sorted unless you want to pay the full price also get your camera charged as there is lots to take pics of. I will be posting the meeting up point very soon so keep checking back here.
One very important bit i forgot to say is that the organisers are attempting to break a Guinness world record of a line of toy cars--So if you have some to donate you can say you were part of it--think i have an a2 model car i'm donating.
cheers mike

Just sorted out my ticket, If all goes well I will be there in my Wife's tdi 90 (My "project" car won't be in my hands for a couple of weeks)

Looking forward to meeting all of the nice members on here that I have had the pleasure of "talking to" on here.

I assume that there will be a meeting place and time? I will be travelling down from Heathrow (in the car, not a plane!)

Steve B

Hi i have been talking to the show organisers tonight and it would be great for us all to join the convoy into Beaulieu itself. So the meeting point for us to join the other owners clubs is THE CAR PARK IN LYNDHURST SO43 7NY --if you can get there for 8.00am to 8.45am as they want to leave at 9.10am. There will be a nice guy there offering tea/coffee/bacon rolls/veg option to refresh you after your drive. We can park together at Beaulieu but we need to either stay as a group in the convoy or whoever is first in reserves "x" amount of spaces.
If you are unable to make the meeting point then just head to Beaulieu and show your ticket/pay cash and park up--it maybe possible for you to still park with us -but can't guarantee it. But i think the convoy experience will be fantastic - up to 70 cars ranging from classic to hyper cars. THE ORGANISERS ARE ASKING FOR ALL CARS TO BE IN BY 10.00AM

PLEASE BRING AS MANY TOY CARS AS YOU CAN SPARE FOR THE RECORD ATTEMPT. A blanket or chairs may be a good idea whilst we compare notes on our cars that inevitably happens. If the weather is kind i will be offering tea and coffee at the cars.

Please ensure your names are down in the calendar as that is how i know how many places to book.
Is anybody else local or staying in a hotel ? please get in touch cheers mike

looking forward to meeting you as well Steve, will the wife be coming along as well?

Mike and I will be bringing an A2 each.

Just sorted out my ticket, If all goes well I will be there in my Wife's tdi 90 (My "project" car won't be in my hands for a couple of weeks)

Looking forward to meeting all of the nice members on here that I have had the pleasure of "talking to" on here.

I assume that there will be a meeting place and time? I will be travelling down from Heathrow (in the car, not a plane!)

Steve B

looking forward to meeting you as well Steve, will the wife be coming along as well?

Mike and I will be bringing an A2 each.

She is not into cars at all,

But she still wouldn't have anything other than an A2, she loves them. So that is quite a compliment for our little car isn't it?

I am glad you are going to be there, I am still not sure what colour I want to paint my project A2, I am torn between Black or White and so it will be good to see your white A2.

Looking forward to see everyone.

Fingers crossed for the weather (not looking great at the moment)

Steve b

I think we've paid - will have to check with moneybags :rolleyes:.
Looking forward to seeing faces old and new.

blue skies
tony

If any one has bought tickets, don't forget to print out and take tickets with you if you have paid as they will need to scan the ticket on arrival, and if travelling in more than one car the two cars must arrive together if on the same ticket as the ticket can only be scanned once.

I think we've paid - will have to check with moneybags :rolleyes:.
Looking forward to seeing faces old and new.

blue skies
tony

Back