Hello! First time A2 owner here,

Gustavo

Hi,

I take ownership of a Silver 2002, 1.4tdi SE in 2 weeks time. I can't wait to start driving it, and getting to know her.

What I can share right now is that it was previously owned by an employee of the local Audi dealership (not a courtesy car) and so it had regular full services by Audi, and every MOT etc was done there according to the service history. My friend bought it 12 months ago, and fortunately for me he's a perfectionist and so he changed the water pump, cam belt and tensioner as soon as he bought it, 'just in case'. The engine has been remapped to 105 bhp, and a nice Alpine DAB Bluetooth stereo system has been installed. Other than that, I can't tell much more until it's mine.

Please feel free to pass on any advice, hints and tips, or ask any questions about it.

Oh, I know the climate control + and - buttons have worn out, so I've ordered a sheet of replacement decals, and also the Audi badge for the remote key.

Thanks in advance for the help and knowledge I'll surely gain from this community!

I picked her up today, and am so happy with it. How have I managed this long without owning an A2? This car is superb!

Here's a couple of pics, I'll be getting a full valet soon including all the upholstery shampoo'd, then I need to tackle the faded climate control + and - buttons, then it'll be almost looking like brand new :)

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Thanks! Apart from a test drive, a 15min spin with the Mrs, so to speak, and a trip to fill the tank up, I've not actually driven it yet. However, on Thursday I'll be driving it for about 4 hours, so we'll see how that goes!

Back