A2 Fsi Rear Brake Pipes

kimbler

First post here and a cry for help!

Whilst replacing the discs and pads on the A2 I managed to snap the brake pipe at the join to the rear caliper. (the caliper span as I was using the wind-back tool)

So I need to replace the flex part of the pipe and connect it to the existing metal pipe. The metal pipe connects to the broken flexi pipe through a crimped connector that I have no idea how to remove. Has anyone any experience here?

So far my options feel like:

(1) Replace the metal pipe as well, hoping for a threaded connection further up the line.
(2) Cut the metal pipe and use a flairing tool and male connector to rejoin the pipe.

Am I missing something obvious with connecting/disconnecting these crimped pipe joins?

Thanks,

Neil

I've not seen the brake lines on a car with rear discs but thought they were a 'one piece' design from the calliper back to the centre of the car. Usually crimped connectors on brake pipes are not serviceable. Can you download any pics of the pipe?

Cheers Spike

Hi,

pictures of flexible line on rear callipers.

regards

Andrew

DSC03318.jpgDSC03427.jpg

Hopefully this photo works. If I can't undo or replace this end it looks like I'm going to need a full pipe made up. Photo is right rear btw.

1EE7EF48-D98B-4ADF-B547-A92CA97BD990.jpg

I snapped one of mine when changing the flexible hoses two years ago.
The replacement parts are one unit (ie steel pipe and flexible bit) and are not too expensive from Audi.
They are easy to fit, and in my experience the old fasteners to the suspension arm were OK to reuse.
So get yerself to Audi parts desk!

:)

Back