Boot emblem.

simufly

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
I have to replace the 4 circles Audi emblem on the boot. I assume they are attached using sticky tape. Any problems in removing the old badge?

From what I've heard, a hair dryer and dental floss are your friends. Rather than pulling the badge away from the car, gently warm the area and then pull the dental floss through the adhesive, parallel with the back of the car. I've never tried it myself, though.

Cheers,

Tom

Or fishing line can be stronger, if you have any.

Are you de-badging or replacing?

Steve B

Got keyed on the boot so need to remove the emblem for the chips away man to do his stuff

Sorry to hear that, don't you just wish you could catch people in the act when they do this.

I know where I would shove the key!!

Steve B

I'm still contemplating debadging my A2 , was thinking about removing all of the rear badges or just removing the 1.4 badge .

I'm still contemplating debadging my A2 , was thinking about removing all of the rear badges or just removing the 1.4 badge .

I think it looks best either with all badges left on, or with just the rings, if you lose the lot it just looks a bit plain and bare, but you could also say that it looks smooth.

It is definitely a case of personal taste, even if many people don't like it bare at least it looks more "individual".

Steve B

I have to replace the 4 circles Audi emblem on the boot. I assume they are attached using sticky tape. Any problems in removing the old badge?

May be worth making a template or taking a photograph and a few measurements to allow accurate replacement of the badge

Cheers Spike

Back