Question about rear cupholder

redbull_a2

A2OC Donor
Was wondering if Audi parts sell the fittings required to fit the rear cupholder ? I have the grey one and want to fit it until I find a black one .

Thanks

Was wondering if Audi parts sell the fittings required to fit the rear cupholder ? I have the grey one and want to fit it until I find a black one .

Thanks

They have everything except for the two small parts needed for the screws that go into the seat mountings, but the cup holder is usable without them, but not quite as secure.

Steve B

Thanks Steve.

Has anyone got any pictures of the fittings ? And how it attaches ?

Hi,

Just took a few shots but I am not sure if they will help, the parts that are no longer available are hidden

Firstly the cupholder in situ
SAM_0139.JPG

In this shot you can just see the front bracket that you need to buy (it is the black bit that just slots under the console)
SAM_0140.JPG

In this (dark) shot you can see the rear black bracket that you also have to buy, it attaches to the rear seat mount via the two parts that you can't get any more.
SAM_0142.JPG

This shot shows the rear of the cupholder with the black bit sticking out that attaches to the rear bracket by the seats.
SAM_0141.JPG

I didn't have chance to remove the rear bracket to show the two small round pieces that you can't get any more.

Steve B

Last edited:
Thanks Steve , that helps me alot . How much does Audi charge for the front and rear bracket ?

Hi,

Just took a few shots but I am not sure if they will help, the parts that are no longer available are hidden

Firstly the cupholder in situ
View attachment 15269

In this shot you can just see the front bracket that you need to buy (it is the black bit that just slots under the console)
View attachment 15270

In this (dark) shot you can see the rear black bracket that you also have to buy, it attaches to the rear seat mount via the two parts that you can't get any more.
View attachment 15271

This shot shows the rear of the cupholder with the black bit sticking out that attaches to the rear bracket by the seats.
View attachment 15272

I didn't have chance to remove the rear bracket to show the two small round pieces that you can't get any more.

Steve B

Phoned Audi parts today , investigating and ordering the parts that I need to complete ( sort of ) my rear cupholder

Audi told me that 8Z0 864 455 is not available , but the rest should be ok , some said out of stock / back order but we shall see .

Audi also were nice to send me a diagram .

Line 1 is not available anymore. They said line 2 is on back order , so hopefully they can get them .

When I went to the Audi dealer I was told that the two pieces marked as 16 in the diagram are no longer available, even on order. I managed to buy all of the other parts from them (via an order)

Steve B

nice photos steve :)

have you decided to keep your cupholder redbull and try the spray paint option or did you get a soul black version?

have you sold it yet?

cammy

Last edited:
Ended up buying brand new one from Audi . I'm still have the grey cupholder, £50 for A2OC members :)

nice photos steve :)

have you decided to keep your cupholder redbull and try the spray paint option or did you get a soul black version?

have you sold it yet?

cammy

did you buy a soul black version? if so, how much and where?

can you supply the part code for all so i can enquire too :)

cheers

Last edited:
I spoke to Audi Basingstoke. They said they had it on their system as available. It was £105 inc VAT.
I haven't got the part number to hand, but I'm sure the someone here knows it . All other fittings available are about £10 so £115 total.

did you buy a soul black version? if so, how much and where?

can you supply the part code for all so i can enquire too :)

cheers

not bad think i will give them a call if no local audi stores have them :)

do you have the part numbers that i will need redbull?

thanks for your time

cammy

i phone audi edinburgh and they said it cant be retrofitted :/ and that if i want to order this part it will be non refundable. i did ask him if it was the original part etc... but he didnt seem that confident enough to sell me it.

think i will try some other audi garages and see but the general pricing up here in scotland is £106.88 just for the cup holder! i think all in including parts, screws etc... was £130.14

cammy

Back