colour code

hi,need to find the colour code for my back 2002 1.4tdi.owners book says under passenger footwell carpet.this plate only gives weights.any idea,s would be greatly appreciated thanks

Brilliant black ( flat paint) or ebony black (pearlescent) ?

Ebony is LZ9W and Brilliant is LY9B

Last edited:
thank,s for the reply,s.looked next to the battery and my a2,s having the goldfish syndrome.so the sticker that,s there is a soggy mess.think it,s ebony black but need to replace rear bumper and posting up a wanted black rear bumper and finding out there,s x amount of black,s.well i,d rather know which one exactly.also while it,s off i can sort the goldfish out.thank,s

thank,s for the reply,s.looked next to the battery and my a2,s having the goldfish syndrome.so the sticker that,s there is a soggy mess.think it,s ebony black but need to replace rear bumper and posting up a wanted black rear bumper and finding out there,s x amount of black,s.well i,d rather know which one exactly.also while it,s off i can sort the goldfish out.thank,s

It should be shown on the inside cover of the service book (in amongst all of the 0ther codes) look for LZ9W or LY9B (I would bet it is LY9W

Steve B

i do have a book which is titled audi service schedule.thing is is it,s like new and empty.did,nt get much with the car besides free goldfish.

fun.

Get the back bumper off, your goldfish are caused by leaking vents under the bumper (glad someone else has called it goldfish syndrome!). Make sure you seal the new ones in place and test them before you put the bumper back.
Don't forget you've got screws in teh wheelarches, too, so drop both wheels off, then the liners out (push the centres of the big plastic fasteners slightly, they'll loosen and you can pull them out - make sure you have spares!), then go searching for all the screws. Take the black plastic trim out (it's clipped in place) and there are the last screws. When replacing, there are two ears underneath each light, try to get them attached, they'll keep the bumper properly aligned there.

- Bret

thank,s i only know about goldfish as i read about it on here.carpet,s appeared dry but when we got car home and carpets pulled back i was pretty unhappy to say the least.back bumper needs replacing so do vents at same time and thank,,s for the extra information bretti-kivi.good to know about the goldfish as mrs comfortably numb likes the a2 and wants one,so i,ll know what i,m looking for next time ! as for the colour code i,m leaning towards ebony black and if i ring the local audi parts department and give them the reg number and vin number possibly they may help.thank,s any way everyone:D

Re Black

If its Brilliant black it will be just that, and if its ebony it will be slightly metallic and to my mind looks slightly dirty (I know as my first one was ebony and it always miffed me if it was parked near a brilliant black one that always looked cleaner) Having said that any black looks dirty after a 5 mile run. Easy to tell difference though. Cheers and best of luck with the fish. Colin

Back