Connects2 Ipod

MatiasMandango

A2OC Donor
Hi all,

I have a 2001 tdi with symphony stereo, I am trying to install the connects2 ipod adaptor but I am having some problems. The actual ipod connector seems very tight but it does go in, I have taken out the top connector from the back of the stereo which I am assuming is the CD changer lead and plugged in the connects2 connector into this socket. There is also a red connector, female type which I have plugged the old changer lead back into. I have attached some photo's.....problem is it is not connecting/recognising the ipod and the ipod is not charging.....any thoughts on this much appreciated?

I have also pulled the ashtray out and managed to take the bulb/wire out of the back of the tray but can't see where it went to put it back in?

Thanks

Matt

Attachments

• DSCF7544.jpg
    DSCF7544.jpg
    951.4 KB · Views: 270
  • DSCF7545.jpg
    DSCF7545.jpg
    849.9 KB · Views: 252
Hi Matt there is usually a black single wire that needs to go to ground- I usually tab it under one of the screws on the back of the stereo.
Hope that helps mike

Thanks Mike, I will give that a go....must admit it was in my lunch break so the black wire connection was a bit temporary trapped in between the lug so it may not have made a connection, hopefully that's all it is. Otherwise do the socket connections seem right, seems odd to have to reconnect the 'redundant' cd changer block back in?

Thanks again.

Matt

Got it working, its was the actual socket for the ipod which was bent so wasn't picking up the pins properly. Getting the bulb back into the ashtray is an absolute nightmare though, can't get my hands in the tray to hold it and put the tray in!!

Anyone got any good thoughts as to where to put the ipod with this type of connector, it doesn't have a dock just pin connection lead....any photo's of other installations would be appreciated....

Got it working, its was the actual socket for the ipod which was bent so wasn't picking up the pins properly. Getting the bulb back into the ashtray is an absolute nightmare though, can't get my hands in the tray to hold it and put the tray in!!

Anyone got any good thoughts as to where to put the ipod with this type of connector, it doesn't have a dock just pin connection lead....any photo's of other installations would be appreciated....

I use [Item No. 652838 & Item No. 840764]

from

http://www.dsldevelopments.com/brodit/proclip/Audi+A2-Brodit-Proclip.asp

Last edited:
Back