Tyre advice

jogon

Hi, I have just acquired some 15" 6.5J Audi A1 wheels currently with 205/55R15 tyres on. 3 of these tyres will need replacing and I was wondering if I am best to stick with this size tyre or whether it might be better to replace all for a more optimum size. Does anyone know if the 205/55R15 tyres cause any issues on the A2 on this size of wheel? Many thanks for your help.

I have the same wheels but with 195/50 winter tyres about to be changed to 185/60. The wheels look really good on an A2 especially with 12mm spacers to push them out a little.

I have just changed to 195/55 x 15 from the standard 16" SE rims with 185/50 (I think) tyres. Very pleased indeed with the result.

Ride comfort is notably improved, there's no rubbing and fuel economy seems to have improved.

I'd probably say that 195 is probably as wide as I'd want to try on the 15" pepperpots as they look quite wide against the rim. Whilst the tyres look quite tall compared to the 16" items, I'd much rather trade bling wheel looks for ride comfort.

There's a massive wheel and tyre thread here as a sticky.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Back