Storm or not a storm ?

Dave M

Admin Team
United-Kingdom
There is a 2005 tdi SE for sale at Stoneacre, Goole, East Yorkshire. It is red with black wheel arches and looks like a storm edition. I have rang Stoneacres and there is no mention of it being a storm on the V5. Would the V5 show it as being a storm and were there any made in 2005 ?. Could it be that this was just a new keeper spec edition ?. Many thanks in aniticipation of any replies - i sold my special edition a couple of months ago and miss my A2. I,m looking for something a bit different this time and better spec.

Can you add a link to the car please.

edit: I did notice this on Autotrader but didn't think it unusual at the time. I think orders for colour.storm closed in 2004 with the rest of the model line up but that is definitely colour.storm specification. It has the red matrix trim and all the exterior styling.

Last edited:
Thanks Murdo. Apologies, but i.m not that technically minded. Its on ebay and stoneacre, Goole, website . If you wouldnt mind taking a look for me it would be appreciated and let me know what you think.

I don't think the log book specifies "colour storm edition" just "tdi 1.4 se" etc and yes there were storms that late.

Storm. I doubt very much it's on the V5 / part I. 16" wheels, climate, silver rings round the tacho, four-spoke leather wheel... not too shabby.

- Bret

Thanks for helping me out Stu. Stoneacre also tell me that this car doesnt have DIS. Would an SE/ storm have it or would it have been an optional extra ?

In my opinion its not over priced-miles are good - condition from the images looks good. Good luck with the viewing hope to see you post that your an owner. Why not join us at the social on the 5th may at BEAULIEU ? CHEERS mike

Thankyou Mike - fingers crossed there are no rattles. My last A2 cost me in the region of £2,000 to get it up to my standard. It will be worth it if i dont have to spend anything on it. Many thanks to all again - great club, friendly members and brilliant forum !

Back