Just bought one of these!

Crazylegs

Just purchased through Amazon :D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00F5WP990/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cant wait to get me hands on it and install into the A2, decided to get one due to someone hitting me up the rear and pushing me into the vehicle in front, making my car a concertina around 4 years ago..
Independant witness 3 cars back reckoned he saw me hit the first car and the other chap piled into me, but this was not the case at all, I was found at fault because of this and my insurance had to incur all losses and my NCD was gone and my £250 excess with it..Turns out a year later the guy that hit me finally owned up with a guilt complex and I was in the clear, NCD reinstated and excess..yay!

Not going through that again so done me research and its on its way..Anyone else got a Dash-cam and if so what do you have and how do you rate it!

[youtube]ZdPHXv8Hzj8[/youtube]

Last edited:
Im really thinking about getting one. I've looked at the Lukas cams. Haven't gotten around to it yet. I just need to find a model that I can fit properly and still not make my car ugly as hell. Would love to see photos of yours installed.

I bought this about 2 months ago, well pleased apart from one issue.

The cable isn't long enough so had to order an extension.

This was the one recommended by the guy at techmoan.

http://www.dx.com/p/cy-u2-049-mini-...tension-cable-black-150cm-218435#.U1jO4_mSySo

Cheap enough but takes ages for shipping.

Hopefully that will make it long enough, I'll know when it arrives (waiting 3 weeks now).

Other than that it's an excellent camera that takes sharp HD video.

Looks like a good budget camera. I see on amazon that there is one for £25? What is the difference to this model?

Also, do they work while parked up? As in shock sensor? I would want to keep an eye on my car whilst shopping etc incase of someone reversing into my car.

Looks like a good budget camera. I see on amazon that there is one for £25? What is the difference to this model?

Also, do they work while parked up? As in shock sensor? I would want to keep an eye on my car whilst shopping etc incase of someone reversing into my car.
Difference is cheap and nasty lens with underpowered processor, also only 720p not full 1080p hd, no gps logger and other features..
Go for the one in my Amazon link, it's not a fake and is genuine from amazon so good customer service if you need to send it back or change your mind!
Yes they have a G-sensor inside and if wired correctly will work while parked up on motion detection!

Last edited:
Im really thinking about getting one. I've looked at the Lukas cams. Haven't gotten around to it yet. I just need to find a model that I can fit properly and still not make my car ugly as hell. Would love to see photos of yours installed.

I will post pics as soon as I have it and installed it, supposed to get delivery for Saturday so should be in hopefully Sunday

Received the dashcam today in double quicktime, unpacked it and set it up at the desk just to see if everything was ok and working ticketyboo, I can report all is good..

Video quality is stunning and full HD just as the reviews stated, going to install into the car sometime over the weekend, looks to be a nifty piece of kit
Will report back with footage and conclusion soon :)

I look forward to seeing the footage and the review!

The only problem i will have is that i have a permanent live 12v, but i have a dimming rear view mirror. Would that work?

Yep same as me I'm just going to put the power adaptor in as and when I need it until I think of a more permanent solution!

Just tried to install

Problem straight away is the fact that there is no way to adjust the angle at which the camera can be turned up or down, what with the steep angle of the A2's windscreen means half the view is of the dashboard, not a good start..
Oh well back to the drawing board!

Just tried to install

Problem straight away is the fact that there is no way to adjust the angle at which the camera can be turned up or down, what with the steep angle of the A2's windscreen means half the view is of the dashboard, not a good start..
Oh well back to the drawing board!

Surely with a steep windscreen, like the A2s, with no adjustment on the camera you would get mostly SKY not mostly dashboard???

Steve B

Last edited:
I really like this, and what a great Utube video that was, the guy is a star!

I have asked Tom (Timmus) if he can trick up a power lead from the auto dimming mirror for me so I don't have to have cables showing (also with the cigarette lighter socket being permanently on, that is a pain, I would have to disconnect and connect as I got out and into the car!

So an ignition powered mini B lead wired in this would be a fit and forget option !!!

Steve B

It is adjustable.

Probably like mine it's just a bit stiff.

Just took what you said onboard and gave it another go, as you would have thought these things would be adjustable, got hold of it and twisted hard, nothing..grabbed the top mount part and the main body and twisted really hard, so hard infact I thought, this is gonna break..all of a sudden crack! oh sh*t I thought I've busted it, then to my delight it had freed itself and now moved with a clicking action , excellent just what I wanted..

Only thing I can think is somehow the plastic casing hadn't quite unsealed at manufacture or glue had got into that part of the mechanism at manufacture, I'm certainly glad I don't have to do that again as I honestly thought I had busted it..
So will install in the morning yaaaay! :D

I really like this, and what a great Utube video that was, the guy is a star!

I have asked Tom (Timmus) if he can trick up a power lead from the auto dimming mirror for me so I don't have to have cables showing (also with the cigarette lighter socket being permanently on, that is a pain, I would have to disconnect and connect as I got out and into the car!

So an ignition powered mini B lead wired in this would be a fit and forget option !!!

Steve B

That is an excellent idea Birchall

Back