Multifunction steering wheel?

Stuebydoo

A2OC Donor
Hi guys,

Was wondering how common this option is on A2s. I didnt think they ever came with that option until I saw this specced up one that was for sale recently:

a2 multifunction.jpg

Seeing that picture just reminds me how dirty my interior is! God i hate cream!

Tony ( hotshuff) just retro fitted a MFSW for me , I managed to get brand new A2 Mfsw on German Ebay for £85,the airbag with the buttons was £35 on Ebay from Audi S3,And the Multifunction (4B0907487F) relay are on Ebay for £32 , only trouble is they are all in America and postage is £25
I have got an A6 Mfsw and airbag that I bought from Birchall for £35 that you could have if you want it
Tony tried it on mine and it works fine.

Hi Terry

Is there a difference in the size of the A6 MFSW and the A2 wheel?

Also did you build your own wiring or but a harness off the shelf?

Thanks,

Max

Max, steering wheels are the same size but the airbags do differ in aesthetics.
I did the wiring on Terry's car and fitted the wheel at the same time. The loom must be custom made.

It's not a difficult mod but there are a number of different controllers so please be aware before you purchase.

blue skies
tony

I have asked Terry if he still has teh A6 wheel, if so, I will try and get hold of the same MFSW controller that he did. It would be great to get hold of of the heated contoller and heel but I think they are pretty rare wheels.

Thanks,

Max

Hi Tony

I have found the following module

8B0907487E?

Terry mentioned PN ending in F, is this the only option?

Thanks

max

Hi Max
P/N is for telematrics ie if you want add Audi bluetooth phone module. And have one somewhere can you have for £20
You will need the 4B0907487F version to go with steering wheel from me.I think it was only fitted to A2's in the UK
But was fitted to A6's in the USA
Terry

Last edited:
Hi,

I've just replaced the steering wheel controller in my A2 as it had stopped working. I picked up the like for like replacement from eBay, linked from the forums recently.

This is the one taken out of my car. As its a 2001MY there is no infotainment CAN bus and this controller wires directly to the radio's special steering wheel controller input.

DSC03419.jpg

I was under the impression that the "F" suffix version was for later CAN bus cars.

regards

Andrew

Hi Terry,

If I understand correctly the (F) P/N allows for telemetric? The F version is needed for your wheel but as Andrew suggest, if the car is non CAN on the infotainment, the E suffix will work with a multifunction steering wheel in a A2?

I am not sure if my car has CAN BUS on the infotainment as it is may 2001 build but on a 02 plate. The car has a generation 2 symphony with in dash CD changer. Skipton mentioned on a separate post that CAN BUS cars have 2 wires, 1 orange and 1 with black stripes in pin 7 and 12.

As I need to change the cup holder I might double check this.

I suspect the E controller will not allow for Telemetrcis?

Thanks,

Max

Hi Max,

Based on what you've written above, your car definitely has CAN to the head unit.
If your car has DIS, then this will be the infotainment CAN.

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Tom ,

I don't have DIS yet but will do once I have retrofitted your 1.4 DIS cluster in my car.

Tony will hopefully install Terry's A6 multifunction wheel in my car at some point so I want to make sure I buy the correct MFSW controller. The E suffix part was advertised on eBay UK but I am still unclear whether it will fit my car? Presumably the F suffix MFSW module will only work in cars with CAN on the infotainment?

Thanks,

Max

Hi I have this in my fsi the multifunction steering wheel and I thought it was a normal thing but now realise it is rare to see them.. It is great and now know that I can maybe play on this option when selling my car..

Help with multifunction wheel with phone

Just got the correct module and wheel but it is missing the telephone button. Does anyone know if the switches can be swapped i.e replace the right switch pack on the wheel I have with a switch unit with the phone function?

Also would I need a new slip ring?

The main reason for doing this is that I am fitting the rnse with oem bluetooth module and control from steering wheel would be nice.

Thanks

max

Hi Max,

Yes, you can replace the right-hand buttons. Sorry, I don't know the part number.
No, you won't need a replacement slip ring; your existing one has the necessary contacts.

Cheers,

Tom

Back