Connects2 Control Bluetooth via Head Unit?

wilco184

Member of the year 2015
Hello,

I've searched the internet and various forums, but can't seem to find a definitive answer.

I have a Connects2 CTAADUSB003 unit installed in my car along with a Chorus 2 head unit, if I were to purchase the optional Bluetooth adapter, does anyone know if I would be able to control an iPhone 5 with the head unit controls to skip tracks etc?

Any comments about using the bluetooth in this way would be appreciated also, such as automatic connection time, bugs etc.

If it helps anyone, here is a link to the device I have installed: http://www.connects2.co.uk/ProductInformation.aspx?id=11520&p=CTAADUSB003

Many thanks,

Matt.

Hi Matt,

I imagine that the bluetooth integration is only for phone calls. The bluetooth add-on will allow the Connects2 kit to act like a wireless headset, picking up from a microphone and delivering through the car stereo. However, I very much doubt it'll do wireless audio streaming (known as A2DP).
I have an A2DP bluetooth interface atached to my Concert II stereo. It's made by XCarLink. It works in exactly the way you describe. As well as streaming my music collection wirelessly, the stereo buttons control my iPhone wirelessly. I strongly suspect this isn't possible with any of your existing kit, I'm afraid.

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited:
Back