Chat What is high mileage for an A2

Grommet

Just wondering what peoples's recorded high mileage is for their A2?
My much loved 02 Tdi is just coming up for it's second (120k) cambelt change.
Anyone on their third/fourth? Any major failures/rebuilds? My alternator pulley has just sheared - but am still on original battery.
Wondering what might be next?
regards to all A2ers

I'm at 170k, but I think there are people over 200k. In my previous experience of (non-A2) TDIs, the engines are happy beyond 250k (it was always something else which killed the car).

No major problems.

I have 1.4 petrol and is currently on 127k . Really hoping it lasts well beyond that. Does anyone have a high mileage petrol ?

Encouraged!

Thanks for your mileage records - I looked at an 03 Tdi in Walsall today (28th July) with a recorded 46k on the clock (for £4.450). It looked really stunning.....but gearbox seemed very stiff and ARB bushes loose, and that paintwork - was it just too good? Decided the 120k miles on my 02 Tdi could see me through another 80k. Thanks all for confidence boost!
If you're interested the ad was in exchange and mart

> http://www.exchangeandmart.co.uk/used-cars-for-sale/audi/a2/audi-a2-1.4-tdi-se-5dr-16552322

Grommet

Saturday evening

Photo0708.jpg

Congratulations!! Have there been any big issues to date?

*Touching wood* No to date she has been very good, just Normal service items, track rod end (because the gaiter had split) front wishbone bush, rear springs (Weak) outer drive shaft CV, all i can think of at the moment.

*Touching wood* No to date she has been very good, just Normal service items, track rod end (because the gaiter had split) front wishbone bush, rear springs (Weak) outer drive shaft CV, all i can think of at the moment.

Brilliant!

Great testimony for these wee cars and the reason I've driven Audi for the past 14 years. Looks like there's pleeeeenty life in our 93k mile A2 yet!

loving the sound of these mileages, got my first A2 3 weeks ago 1 owner 54 plate TDI 75 with 55k on it, plan doing about 6k a year - idea is to pass down to my 12 year old when he passes his test so fingers crossed all goes well he will have a nice little motor to start out with in 5 or so years time.:)

Back