New member who just got his A2

THS

Hello.

I'm from Norway, so my english might be a little lacking at times.

I'm more of a japanese-car-guy. . . or so I though until I got the A2. . . :)
(Well I still am, but mostly for cars from the 70's)

I've always liked the Audi A2, so when my old car (a Nissan Maxima 3.0) had to retire mainly because of rust and high mileage, I thought I'd go look for an A2.
I ended up with a 2003 1.6 FSI S-line which I just had to get, even with a somewhat broken Open Sky System.

I came across this forum and after a bit of reading, I had to register as a member. There really is lots of useful information on here.
I just hope I can contribute a little bit too.

Thx for having such a great and informative forum.

-THS

Hi THS,

Welcome to A2OC, happy A2 motoring, you will find usefull info and help on here.
Regards
Colin

Hi,

Welcome.
Great to have more A2 owners on here especially from outside if the UK.

Don't worry about your English skills, we will always ask for clarification if we don't quite understand.

Great to hear you want to contribute too, perhaps some pictures of your car might be a good start?
Also include some pictures of your favourite Japanese cars, many members on here have other cars that are interesting too and it is good to see them.

Steve B

Sorry, where are my manners :)

The only ones I have are from the ad I'm afraid, but I think they're pretty good, so here goes.
20_1131030286_xl.jpg
20_918974858_xl.jpg
20_1419418027_xl.jpg
20_1650931435_xl.jpg
20_2142800781_xl.jpg
I really need to dust off my camera and take some shots of it myself one of these days.

And here are my two Datsuns. The one furthest away is a 180B SSS, and the the other is an american Datsun PL610 (almost the same thing as the 180B SSS, same body different engine) Both from 1974.
IMG_1738.jpg
I just need to make time to work on them.

-Tor H

Sorry, where are my manners :)

The only ones I have are from the ad I'm afraid, but I think they're pretty good, so here goes.
View attachment 16168
View attachment 16164
View attachment 16163
View attachment 16165
View attachment 16167
I really need to dust off my camera and take some shots of it myself one of these days.

And here are my two Datsuns. The one furthest away is a 180B SSS, and the the other is an american Datsun PL610 (almost the same thing as the 180B SSS, same body different engine) Both from 1974.
View attachment 16166
I just need to make time to work on them.

-Tor H

The A2 looks amazing and it looks like you are going to fit in well here. I like the Datsuns. I always like any cars that are not "normal", if you know what I mean.

Great to have you on board.

Steve B

Last edited:
I'm more of a japanese-car-guy. . . or so I though until I got the A2. . . :)

First step in the right direction. :p

You got yourself a very nice A2. Leather seats, OSS, double DIN dash, heated seats and electric windows for the rear. Seems to be a rare full spec car!
First silver one with beige leather i see.

Thx I guess it does have lots of extras.
Ah the picture lies a little about the color, the leather is really all grey. Titanium I think.

I would like the multibox system, but just the rear cup holder with brackets costs an arm and a leg from Audi here, so I didn't dare to ask for the price on the floor storage box, I'll just wait and see if it surfaces on ebay or something.

I'm just getting into the Audi universe and got a copy of Elsawin running on Windows XP which again is running in a virtual machine on my Mac.
(Elsawin didn't like Windows 7 one bit, and especially not the 64-bit version, so I had to try something else)

Might come in handy later this year when its time to change the timing belt and water pump :)

-Tor H

Back