'B' pillar trim

andrewparkeruk

A2OC Donor
The black 'B' pillar trims on my car are scratched (not quite sure how, and I only notice when cleaning the car ... so not very often). I wonder these be easily removed and refinished; whether refinishing would be polishing or painting?

Thank you, Andrew

ive wondered the same. mine are quite scuffed too... i think the previous owner wore a lot of jewellery and scuffed it every time they reached behind to grab the seatbelt

I used "Back to Black" which is like a fluid polish restorer available from halfords etc and it came up a treat.

I wouldn't recomend sanding them unless you were planning to repaint them in satin black afterwards. T-cut is a mild abrasive and will get fine scratches out of any paintwork by taking a very thin layet off.

I used "Back to Black" which is like a fluid polish restorer available from halfords etc and it came up a treat.

I have a bottle of Autoglym Bumper Care so I've tried that; the only problem is it took me over two hours ... because I did all of the other black bits on the car ;)

I will see how it gets on; the scratches are still there but less obvious. I would prefer to remove the the trims before any more drastic treatment.

Andrew

I've had my trims colour matched and they look great. Granted, my A2 is black but the gloss effect looks so much better in my opinion.

blue skies
tony

Back