Recent trip to Glasgow

mrmosky

I gave the A2 a good run this week! We drove up to Glasgow on Sunday morning, as we had tickets for the Commonwealth games on the afternoon and Monday morning. Then Monday afternoon, we motored via Edinburgh to Lindisfarne (Holy Island), where we stayed for two nights. (Recommended, by the way, if you've never been). Then this morning we motored back to the Midlands via Hadrian's Wall. Overall, over 700 miles covered at a DIS reported MPG of 66.5. We weren't hanging about either. These are really great cars!
Geoff

We did a similar trip. Manchester to Glasgow and back 47.0 in a FSI. We probably would have done a bit better if we hadn't spent an hour stuck in Lancaster when the M6 was closed on Thursday evening.

We did a similar trip. Manchester to Glasgow and back 47.0 in a FSI. We probably would have done a bit better if we hadn't spent an hour stuck in Lancaster when the M6 was closed on Thursday evening.

Great result from the FSI. I was travelling North last Thursday evening and felt the pain of the drivers stuck in the miles of queues on the closed M6 southbound as I went past!!

Cheers

Rob.

Good stuff. We too have had a bit of a jaunt in the A2.

NW England to SW France via the west coast.

1000 miles in 5 days, 3 of us with luggage, DIS indicating 61.4mpg. 70mph wherever possible with climate, as temps rose to the low 30s during the day.

About 1200 miles in now before we return to Angleterre tonight.

I checked the oil, and was shocked the thing had used some (doesn't usually). When I topped up, it had only used 250mls. Guess I can live with that.

Back