EML light with intermittent code 16785

Thalion

Hi,

This is my first post here, however I've followed this club for some time and found usefull informations, so I would start by saying thanks to everybody who gives help here.

Ok, so here is my question :
For some time now, I've had the EML light coming up on my A2 1.4 petrol (AUA motor) with only the following code :

16785 - EGR System: Insufficient Flow
P0401 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

I can clean it, but it comes back around 40 kms later, always during a decelerating phase, not touching any pedal (I would say I'm usually in 4th gear, but not entirely sure).

Over the time trying to solve this, I've done a throttle body cleaning, the EGR has been changed, but this code always comes back.

So I'm asking for your help here, considering I have mostly a theoretical knowledge (engineer, not technician, but I learned how to use a wrench ;) ), so I may not know how to locate some parts (picture would help ;) )

Thanks in advance !

Ok, so after years of searching for a way to solve this apparently very common problem, I think I found a cure !
So here it is, for anyone having the P0401 code, a way that seems to work : On the EGR, there is a small tube leading to a filter (items 32 and 14 on the picture, in the bottom)
A few weeks back, I wondered about it and decided to take it out of the engine, have a look at it, and clean it. Well, believe it or not, since I put it back cleaned, no light, no error code, the engine seems to run better... and now I wonder why I didn't try this earlier !!!
So well, try it out !
248133100.png

Thanks for the update.

Sorry that no one responded to your first post but we do appreciate you took the time to share the solution that worked for you.

Cheers Spike

Well, that was premature, as the MIL light came back
I took some time to check everything, as I had to change the two front wheel bearings. So I did a MAF cleaning and adaptation, changed one hose that had a hole in it and the oil separator, and other things.

Anyway, after a few dozens of kilometers on highways, the fault came back :(
I don't see any way to solve it now...

Back