Rear cupholders

THS

So here I was looking at pics of other peoples A2's when I spotted one having cupholders with a little storage compartment between the console and the back seats.
So off I went to my local Audi dealer to order the cupholder and mounting brackets.
All was well as he looked up the parts, but then I asked about the price. . . . . . almost £190 for a plastic part and some brackets.

That was a bit more than I was expecting, to say the least. And especially since I've read in another post here that they go for about £32 if I remember correctly. (Might have been an old post, but still)
And I was calculating that since things are a bit more expensive here in Norway, that somewhere around £50 or so would at least be in the ballpark.

After lots and lots of reading the forum I found this post: http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?24821-Exploded-diagrams-(www-partsbase-org) by DarrenH and more or less stumbled over this site: http://www.amb-trade.de

I ordered all the bits for just under £60 including shipping.
There will be some customs fees I guess, but still better than the local (rip off/loan shark/Don Corleone :p) price.

Now lets hope I got the part numbers right and that the color match the rest of the interior and that I actually receive a cupholder and not a brake drum :)

Hi
And some of the mounting parts are no longer available.
The kit still fits without them (just two little plastic parts) but not as secure.

Secondhand they are from £60 to £90 (if you can find any!!!)

But they are one if the best extra you can get.

Steve B

So here I was looking at pics of other peoples A2's when I spotted one having cupholders with a little storage compartment between the console and the back seats.
So off I went to my local Audi dealer to order the cupholder and mounting brackets.
All was well as he looked up the parts, but then I asked about the price. . . . . . almost £190 for a plastic part and some brackets.

That was a bit more than I was expecting, to say the least. And especially since I've read in another post here that they go for about £32 if I remember correctly. (Might have been an old post, but still)
And I was calculating that since things are a bit more expensive here in Norway, that somewhere around £50 or so would at least be in the ballpark.

After lots and lots of reading the forum I found this post: http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?24821-Exploded-diagrams-(www-partsbase-org) by DarrenH and more or less stumbled over this site: http://www.amb-trade.de

There will be some customs fees I guess, but still better than the local (rip off/loan shark/Don Corleone :p) price.

Now lets hope I got the part numbers right and that the color match the rest of the interior and that I actually receive a cupholder and not a brake drum :)

In sweden they are way cheaper, around half the price.

You mean the two plastic adapters part# 8z0864455 that sits below the rear adapter?
If so I got them in my order, lets see if they actually show up.

If I understand correctly the multibox system consists of rear cupholders, rear storage box and a 12V outlet in the boot.
Just two more steps to go then :)

In sweden they are way cheaper, around half the price.
Typical, but there would still be the custom fees if I order by mail, or gas money if I have to pick them up myself, so the total might not be far off. (I live about 88 miles or 142km from Charlottenberg.)

Typical, but there would still be the custom fees if I order by mail, or gas money if I have to pick them up myself, so the total might not be far off. (I live about 88 miles or 142km from Charlottenberg.)

Ill try and help a fellow neighbour(scandinavian) out. Let me check next week what the actual price is. Try & figure out what postage is and with that I csn send it to you as a "gift". No customs fee.

What color are you looking for?

Last edited:
That's kind of you, I do have the rear cup holder in titan grey on order already, and they did have the floor storage box (Part# 8z0857379e59) for 130 euros, but my budget was a bit stretched from summer vacation, so I chose to skip that from my order, hoping one would surface elsewhere.

There's a toll free limit at 200kr, or about 26 euros, if the declared value is below that, no customs fees or tax applies. (Norway has lots of ancient, stupid laws and rules :p )

So what is then that you need me to look into if you already an order, cupholder or storagebox?

I tried the parts website but it doesn't have any Audi bits

Oh sorry, the storage box then :)

The storage box I need to check what sweden prices them, it was the cupholders I knew could be a bargain for you but unsure on the storage box. I'll need give them a buzz and get back to you. Black was the color you needed?

Last edited:
Titan grey (e59) I think.
Thank you for doing this :)

Storage box needs to be ordered and takes 1-2weeks to arrive. Here in sweden Audi charges 2129SEK for one storage box which ads up to 1913 in NOK and for other readers it is £185 with todays conversion rate.

Wow, that's about the same price as here in Norway, actually a little less as it costs 2120 NOK.
But in Germany it costs about 1000 NOK + shipping and customs fees.

Someone sure is making money between Germany and here. Must be easy money I guess :)

I wonder why the cupholder is so cheap in Sweden?

Anyway, thank you so much for checking, I hope I can return the favor some time :)

Wow, that's about the same price as here in Norway, actually a little less as it costs 2120 NOK.
But in Germany it costs about 1000 NOK + shipping and customs fees.

Someone sure is making money between Germany and here. Must be easy money I guess :)

I wonder why the cupholder is so cheap in Sweden?

Anyway, thank you so much for checking, I hope I can return the favor some time :)

I try to help out my A2 riders as much as possible so no worries there.

Hi
And some of the mounting parts are no longer available.
The kit still fits without them (just two little plastic parts) but not as secure.

Secondhand they are from £60 to £90 (if you can find any!!!)

But they are one if the best extra you can get.

Steve B

Curses, you were right.
I got an email today telling me that they weren't able to get hold of those two little plastic parts.

Oh well, I'll have to do without, unless I'm able to find or make something that'll do the job :)

Curses, you were right.
I got an email today telling me that they weren't able to get hold of those two little plastic parts.

Oh well, I'll have to do without, unless I'm able to find or make something that'll do the job :)

You may feel that it is ok without the rear support. The shape of the unit fits snuggly on the central tunnel and so it is reasonably stable!

Steve B

Back