Remap

Tommyboy

A2OC Donor
Hi All,

I was just toying with the idea of a remap and have a couple of questions.
Obviously you braniacs are the best place to look for answers! :)

1. Can you recommend a good place in the South for the work?
2. What's the average price (I saw Angel tuning in Banbury doing it for £275).
3. Is there any reason not to remap a 2001, 75 1.4 tdi with 74k on the clock (can it take the power or will it fall apart).
4. How much more can I expect to pay on my insurance?

Thanks in advance!

Do it!
1. I got mine done by an AmD/Revo agent in SW London, there are plenty. Many on here choose "Stealth Racing" who have probably remapped more A2s than anybody else.
2. Price you have been quoted is normal.
3. If your car is otherwise healthy and serviced regularly there is no reason not to!
4. Made no difference to my premium.

Hi All,

I was just toying with the idea of a remap and have a couple of questions.
Obviously you braniacs are the best place to look for answers! :)

1. Can you recommend a good place in the South for the work?
2. What's the average price (I saw Angel tuning in Banbury doing it for £275).
3. Is there any reason not to remap a 2001, 75 1.4 tdi with 74k on the clock (can it take the power or will it fall apart).
4. How much more can I expect to pay on my insurance?

Thanks in advance!

I got my remap done in my first week of ownership 6 years ago and have put 80k miles on it since then.

I got my remap done in my first week of ownership 6 years ago and have put 80k miles on it since then.

Nice. I've just noticed that it's a hot topic at the mo (looking at the other posts in this part of the forum).
If I don't get it done, I could soon be the only person driving an unmodded A2! Don't want to miss out on the fun...

I'll have to do a bit of digging and see the most competitive, most competent place offering the service in my vicinity.
If I could find someone in the Brighton area, it would be nice to not have to drive up to London.

i drove 4 hrs to stealth racing really nice guys and know the A2 inside out, if your 20 mins away its a no brainer.

I felt it might be useful to post my experience with a Revo Remap.

I read all the threads on remaping on this forum and was convinced it was one of the most desirable mods I could do and Stealth looked like the safest route.

My concerns were:

1) I missed the promotion reducing the price to around £170 for forum
members
2) Distance from where I live not very convenient
3) I was not looking for peak power, just improved 'driveability ' so a tailored remap seemed exessive.
4) Value of rolling road testing seemed limited to having the plots to drool over (maybe contentious for some:rolleyes:)

Several forum members have said good things about the Revo remap so I made local equiries. The local agent to me is a outfit called Quattro-Tech. Run by ex employees of the local Audi agents.They had an offer on stage 1 remap of £150 + VAT. I was satisfied they knew their stuff such as the limitations compared to a custom remap and using a rolling road.

They assured me that the difference would be significant but not over dramatic. They would only undertake the work if their diagnostics showed the engine to be in good order and of course the remap could be removed if I was not satisfied.

Of course I booked it in to take advantage of the promotion.

Today in fact. I was getting quite exited.

I got them to do an interim oil service as well. When they called to say the work was completed they said all was well. In fact they said with almost surprise in their voice that they could find nothing wrong on the car and the Remap was good.

They came to collect me for a test drive and WOW it really does make a difference.

The torque is available over a much wider rpm range, pulling well in higher gear at low speed making it a much more relaxed driving experience. Pushed hard it gives a lovely growl (cant see any smoke!)

Not had a chance to see what speed it tails off but as stated earlier it is the driveability I was after and I am 100% satisfied at this point that that is what I have achieved.

So if I can give confidence to anyone hesitating, thinking that a Revo remap might be a poor substitute to a full custom Stealth job then I can honestly say that for my purposes the Revo looks like a very good compromise if it even is a compromise because I feel that an a standard car in good mechanical order a standard remap shoiuld give a good improvement without stretching the parameters and risking smoke and potential component failure.

I have no association with either Revo or Quattro-Tech but if you are based in the Huntingdon area I feel I can recommend them
I certainly plan to use them again for my other car.

On an aside. If you go on the Quattro-Tech website they have a picture gallery, many of the pictures are from AITP this year and several of the A2OC stand showing all our cars including mine, cheeky blighters.

Last edited:
First relatively long journey (150 mls) since the Revo remap on Monday. Cross country and dual carriagways.
It was a real pleasure pulling well in high gears from much lower speed than before. It is just ok to be in 5th at 40mph and pull away.
It makes for a much more relaxed drive. The A2 is always said to have had character, the remap has given it personality!
I'd even say the engine seems quieter and smoother.
Driving back late last night convinced me I now need to sort out brighter dipped headlights.

As many have said a remap is one of the best mods there is for the A2. It is, go for it if you have been hesitating.

Geoff

Back